Avengers Endgame: Encore

Started by BLUEVOODU, September 25, 2026, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

BLUEVOODU

Ok... I'm not sure what to think on Avengers Endgame: Encore.  It's a re-release of Avengers: Endgame with 4 minutes of extra material and some changed scenes to match up more with Avengers Doomsday.  This just launched today - 09/25/26.

  • New Footage: Features about four minutes of bonus and modified scenes, serving as a narrative bridge to Avengers: Doomsday.
  • Post-Credits Scenes: Includes new stingers and an exclusive sneak peek setting up the multiversal plot for Doomsday.

I'm not sure how I feel about a re-release.  I'm sure it's fine, but not sure how much they truly changed the trajectory with 4 additional minutes and changed scenes.  In a way, I have a problem with going back and adjusting the movie... then re-releasing it.

I haven't watched Avengers Endgame: Encore yet ... and not sure I'm going to catch it in theaters. However, it was awesome checking Endgame out the 1st time around.

What are your thoughts?  Post it up!

retro junkie

My Daughter and I have been discussing this very thing for months. We have issues with Disney abruptly changing their mind about a movie then going back and making some changes so that they can connect a new idea and outcome. No long term planning, pitiful writers, or bad writing ideas? I have the original movie on DVD and we do not think it would be worth watching the movie in the theater paying for that extra few minutes or seconds. They could have just started Doom with something going on in the background while other events were taking place in Endgame. Oh, but why do I think that their writers would have that kind of creativity? It comes across as milking the fans for more money right before the release of Doom. Disney's bumbling is disturbing. Doom better be good or they have fumbled the ball big time. The expectation that they are creating with all this puts themselves in that type of position. Am I saying that they could be releasing a disaster in Doom? Their reputation precedes them, they have done it before. Fans are getting so hard to please.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

I'm a little torn as it could be fun checking it out in the theaters again.  I have really good memories from that before the pandemic.  There were a few things that really stuck out at that time too.  Would it be worth the few extra minutes?  I don't know.  honestly, I am a bit concerned they are going to ruin something ... Endgame was a great movie.  I don't think they need to change anything and going back to change a move is an interesting move. The ramifications could but huge, but I'm also intrigued to see what the changes are.

I don't know @retro junkie ... I am a bit torn lol

@targetrasp @Grindspine @mastermario @Mai Valentine @Kinikko @CreepinDeth @SpartanEvolved  - Are any of you going to see this movie?