Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: OLED Switch - Have you bought one? What are your thoughts?  (Read 489 times)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Tom Nook
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
OLED Switch - Have you bought one? What are your thoughts?
« on: February 12, 2022, 01:36:04 PM »
The OLED Switch has been out for a little while now.  It has followed the "difficult to procure" suit with all the other consoles out there.  I was able to pick one up in November 2021... but honestly, I haven't been able to put much time into it.

The screen looks pretty frickin nice though.  IMO, it's a decent upgrade from the original switch.  Is it enough of an upgrade to replace your older switch... or maybe launch switch from 4-5 years ago?  That depends on you and how important the screen and a couple other upgrades (IE the stand) are to you.  I do like the screen upgrade... Metroid Dread looks REALLY good on the OLED.

What are your thoughts and comments? Post it up.

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
Re: OLED Switch - Have you bought one? What are your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 07:30:40 PM »
The white looks pretty sweet sitting next to the white real-estate hogging ps5, but alas, I've yet to play anything on it. I've got a decent sized switch collection at this point, and several more coming. If anything gets me finally playing again it'll be when Advance Wars comes out.

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Tom Nook
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 12:25:09 PM »
lol... @targetrasp  ... I still haven't played mine.  I'm thinking of selling it at this point and waiting for the next revision.  However, I also want to break this out.  The last 2 months have just been stupid...

Offline CreepinDeth

• Delta Force Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 11:07:31 PM »
Want one for my collection but too many things I want to get first. Had a coworker bring his in to the office and let me try it out. The screen is very nice but not enough for me to get right away since I already have a Switch. Maybe for Christmas.

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 09:24:48 AM »
wii sports will be here soon, multiplayer will be interesting. Still lots of life left in mario party as well as a ton of mario kart tracks that have thus far gone undownloaded. I'm probably picking my switch back up soon

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more