Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

What cell phone are you rockin'?

Started by Jack, May 10, 2018, 07:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

What cell phone do you currently use as your daily device?

I've been with Apple since the beginning of the iPhone back in 2006 and I have stuck with them ever since. I currently have the iPhone X and I love it. Bring on the hate.  :P

Kinikko

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+.  This is actually my first smartphone lol.  I'm not really a phone person. 
moo.

CreepinDeth

I'm rockin the Pixel XL Deuce!

I prefer my android OS pure and unadulterated. I also love Project Fi as my service. My phone bill has never gone above $32 and has been as low as $22.

targetrasp

I've got at S8 as well. I'm not in love with it by any means. I think Samsung adds too much of an overlay to android to even call it android.

Apples are too finicky for me. At least once a month a coworker or family member is coming up to me with a "my speaker doesn't work" or "the phone repeats every word" or "my battery isn't charging like it used to" or "I can't get on your guest network"

They're all simple fixes and ios is probably one of the easier user interfaces out there, I just can't pay $1,000 for a new phone... although brand new the s8 wasn't much cheaper...

Jack

Quote from: targetrasp on May 11, 2018, 07:18:53 AM
I've got at S8 as well. I'm not in love with it by any means. I think Samsung adds too much of an overlay to android to even call it android.

Apples are too finicky for me. At least once a month a coworker or family member is coming up to me with a "my speaker doesn't work" or "the phone repeats every word" or "my battery isn't charging like it used to" or "I can't get on your guest network"

They're all simple fixes and ios is probably one of the easier user interfaces out there, I just can't pay $1,000 for a new phone... although brand new the s8 wasn't much cheaper...

The only issues I've ever had with mine are the charge ports get dirty really easily and that's a simple fix. I guess I'm just one of the lucky people who never really has phone issues.

And yeah, the price is steep but I can afford it so I don't really care that much.

Icy

I have a Galaxy S7 and I like it pretty well~
I do miss my old Droid Razr HD though. I had it years ago, best phone I've ever had.

Aya-Kun

have a samsung galaxy s8 at the moment

Mai Valentine

Samsung Galaxy S7. It works well enough for what I use it for. The charge port is getting really finicky though, have to make sure it stays in when I put it on the charger and some cables just flat out don't work even though they are micro USB. I wouldn't mind upgrading but I think it's kind of weird how the S8 is skinnier and taller, it seems like it would be weird watching stuff on it.

targetrasp

not to mention the charging cable is different on the 8's and 9's... I really wasn't thrilled having to have a special cable that almost looks like the other 40939530409320 i have laying around but is just a hair different...

CreepinDeth

Quote from: targetrasp on May 11, 2018, 10:42:57 PM
not to mention the charging cable is different on the 8's and 9's... I really wasn't thrilled having to have a special cable that almost looks like the other 40939530409320 i have laying around but is just a hair different...

Don't they both use USB-C?

retro junkie

I use my work phone an iphone 5S. I am on call 24/7. My Wife and Daughter use iphone 4S with tracfone service.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

The S7's and back have a different cable than the 8's forward.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: targetrasp on May 12, 2018, 01:43:39 PM
The S7's and back have a different cable than the 8's forward.

ah, I misread your post then. I thought you meant that the S8s and S9s had different connections.

BLUEVOODU

Believe it or not... I'm rocking the Black Berry Motion Android as I highlighted in this topic:
BlackBerry Motion - Smart Phone Review

I've never been a big fan of Android... but I like this phone.   It has all the BlackBerry productivity tools (yeah... I'm business oriented) which is some of the best... and it's on the Android Platform.  I recommend this phone.  For the price it's great.  It's not the most powerful Android out there but it's powerful  enough and is super useful.

I also carry an iPhone 7 for work.

targetrasp

How's the UI? My biggest complaint about android devices are their UI. Amazon puts such a shell on top of android it's hard to call it android. Samsung has straightened up a lot, but it still can't touch Apple. If my kids use my phone on a car trip or something I have to spend 10 minutes reorganizing it. there will be apps scattered out all over the place. i'll have to slide three screens left to find my gmail app and two screens right to find the internet browser. I find Bixby completely useless and sliding down from the top does two different things depending on how you slide, which the phone (or my fingers) sometimes has a hard time determining which its trying to do.

CreepinDeth

That's why I stick with the Pixel and the Nexus before it. Stock Android is sooooo much better than the other crap other manufacturers use. I personally prefer it over iOS. iOS is just so blah to me and isn't as flexible.

targetrasp

I think my next phone will be some flavor of whatever Google is doing.

I really like the idea of an ecosystem like Apple and Amazon have created but they both are too rigid. Apple is pricey and Amazon excludes too much. Alexa was an awesome concept but the fire phone never flew and the tablets are so constricted...

Google is taking the ecosystem idea to a place where its starting to work best for me. It has it's home brand but others are allowed in the mix. The cloud drive, the office suite, no stupid shell, on top of allowing other brands...

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on May 18, 2018, 07:10:42 AM
How's the UI? My biggest complaint about android devices are their UI. Amazon puts such a shell on top of android it's hard to call it android. Samsung has straightened up a lot, but it still can't touch Apple. If my kids use my phone on a car trip or something I have to spend 10 minutes reorganizing it. there will be apps scattered out all over the place. i'll have to slide three screens left to find my gmail app and two screens right to find the internet browser. I find Bixby completely useless and sliding down from the top does two different things depending on how you slide, which the phone (or my fingers) sometimes has a hard time determining which its trying to do.
@targetrasp in my opinion ... the UI is pretty good.  Apple has better on screen typing in my opinion... but This works.   The apps are scattered a bit like an Android always is... but I organize all my stuff... so that works out.   I had to organize my apple stuff as well.

I'd rather not give Google more business which is why I try to use other manufacturers.  But... I hear their devices are pretty good.   

The motion has pretty good ratings... if you have a moment to check it out... check it

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU What's wrong with giving Google business? should we hate them for ousting Yahoo?!

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp lol... nothing is wrong in reality.   Google pretty much owns the world.   

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on May 22, 2018, 09:51:08 PM
@targetrasp lol... nothing is wrong in reality.   Google pretty much owns the world.   

Just give in to our Google overlords already. You'll be fine, lol.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on May 22, 2018, 10:20:58 PM

Just give in to our Google overlords already. You'll be fine, lol.
LOL... exactly.  They are having Zuckerburg... but they never once question Google and their datamining ...etc..etc.. I Won't go into it lol nor what I think.

I mean Google has a lot of cool stuff.  They were considering "ruling the world" well before their Operating system took over.

Lol... ever seen terminator Genisys?    I was thinking they meant for Genisys to equate to Google.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more