Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

If You Could Buy 1 Arcade Cabinet Right now - What would you Buy?

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 08, 2018, 06:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

If You Could Buy 1 Arcade Cabinet Right now ... What would you Buy?     Not sure if I would say unlimited funds... but what the heck.  If you had the choice of 1 Arcade cabinet right now and you could get it, what would you get?

Post it up!  Feel Free to post up Links and Media.

retro junkie

This would be a very difficult choice for me. The ones that come to mind immediately are Defender, Tempest, Centipede, Stun Runner with the cycle prop, and Starblade. I spent a lot of time in Starblade. I liked climbing into that cockpit with the stereo speakers at your ears.

I might choose Tempest.  :o
there is no spoon

targetrasp

There's too many.

Chase HQ, Time Crisis, Operation Wolf, T2, TNMT, The Simpsons, The Avengers, Afterburner, Hang On, Super Off Road, A boat load of the environmentals (star wars, discs of tron, etc), that esoteric shooter i can't ever remember but @retro junkie has the console version he'd posted on EGA a while back (he should remember what I'm talking about), sunset riders, i could go on for a while

It'd get stale if there's just one. You need a roller ball, a neo multi slotter, one with the fixed gun controller, one where its tethered (lethal enforcers, time crisis, area 51), one or two environmentals, super offroad, a side scroll shooter, a vertical scroll shooter, a beatemup, and something with a gas pedal!

retro junkie

Quote from: targetrasp on November 08, 2018, 09:19:40 PM
There's too many.
that esoteric shooter i can't ever remember but @retro junkie has the console version he'd posted on EGA a while back (he should remember what I'm talking about),

Okay, my mind just froze up. Was that Gradius or R-Type, Darius?

There are too many arcade games to just shut it down to one. I forgot about Robotron!!
there is no spoon

targetrasp

it was a repro or an import. One of the early stages had some sort of massive vehicle on tank treads...

BLUEVOODU

When I was younger...  I probably would've narrowed it to Total Carnage or Smash TV... though I dug Super Smash TV better than the arcade.  I really always wanted an original Samurai Shodown Arcade machine.

After Burner Arcade machines were awesome... I'd love one of those machines that moved with the game actions.  When I was super young, a Double Dragon, Golden Axe, or Super Mario Brothers arcade machine would've been perfect. 

You are both right.  It's very hard to narrow to one.  Hm... does a NEO GEO MVS cabinet with multi-select count as just one??  If so, I might pick a 6 slot Neo Geo MVS arcade machine hehe with Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown, and a fee other games lol.

Un Squadron was the game I was thinking for this topic.  I really like the Super Nintendo version better. But I would like a UN Squadron dedicated cabinet. 

targetrasp

Double Dragon was a quarter cruncher for certain. I don't think I ever finished the first stage under 50 cents.

BLUEVOODU

Double Dragon arcade was A LOT of fun.  I remember playing that game at Hotels as we travelled to see family in other places.    Now, you rarely see an arcade anywhere you travel.  Same thing with Nam 1975, operation Wolf, and Golden Axe.    The 1st time I played Super Mario Bros was in a hotel... life was changed after that lol.

retro junkie

I remember walking into the foyer of a Kmart back in the day and played World Heroes for the first time. Good times.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

I did that with Samurai Shodown for the Neo Geo MVS.  I was hooked at that point... absolutely hooked.

targetrasp

samurai showdown was in our pizza hut.

for years they had the coolest games, my friends and I even had some birthday parties there. it started with cocktail cabinets with stuff like pacman and alleyway, the stuff like street fighter and a 3 slot mvs... now there's nothing. it'd take scavenger hunt effort to find an arcade cabinet in my town.

Grindspine

targetrasp

I probably put more quarters through a TNMT cab than any other cab, Simpsons may be close though..

BLUEVOODU

I don't know... Total Carnage... That may have been my quarter sucker of a game lol.  Man... it took more quarters than Smash TV.