Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

Started by targetrasp, May 03, 2019, 11:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

It doesn't look like Sonic fans are very happy over this one. It's hard to blame them, with that long line of filth that ran in between Sonic Adventure to Sonic Mania. There's really not been much to cheer for in a long time. Sonic Mania seemed to be a turning point. Sonic Mania was pretty good, and recently Sega punted AT Games from developing their official entry into the retro mini market... Sega fans were starting to be rewarded for their Bostonian like drought. But now we get a trailer to the goofiest CGI Sonic ever is out. This thing is so bad that the net nerds are in a rage! They've made such a stink that the director is promising to change things up.

Changing the character design will be a start, but my gosh there's so many things to pick on. My favorite though is the choice of Gangsta's Paradise accompanying the trailer. Sonic hasn't had street cred since being voiced by Steve Urkel... and crap why didn't Jaleel White reprise his role as Sonic?

Seriously, if you've not seen the sonic trailer do yourself a favor and watch it. If you subscribe to intoxicating substances, partake first. It's amazingly bad. SO bad that I want to own it as is. It'll be in rotation with Garbage Pail Kids and Howard the Duck. Its so bad I think Troma is involved. It's so bad Toxie may be able to help. It's so bad people will go and watch it just to see how bad it is.

Sega has made some boneheaded decisions in the past but how many times does one have to pee on the electric fence before they realize they're putting the M in stupid.

Sonic is an IP just begging to come back. He's edgy, cool, and stupid fast. There's a lot that could be done with the Robotnick /Eggman - Sonic banter, especially with Jim Carey playing Eggman. Think back to the cartoons, Sonic foiling Eggman and giving him crap the whole time... Thrown some charismatic, witty voice actor behind sonic and let him and Carey go to it. Instead the trailer focuses on cringe worthy dialogue and a piss poor character design.

Watch the trailer and join in my ranting...

retro junkie

I'm not really liking the obsession with live action movies when it comes to video game or cartoon characters. I would rather see a good CGI animated movie.  Pixar Animation Studios where are you?

there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

It looks pretty bad but now that they've confirmed they'll be redesigning Sonic, I'm interested in seeing what they come up with.

retro junkie

So there is still a shred of hope? Maybe something to not be ashamed of if you are a Sonic fan? That would be a relief.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

LOL!!!!  @retro junkie That's hilarious.

I'm not sure what I think about this yet.  Thank you for beating me on the post @targetrasp ... I meant to post this and was side tracked.  I'm just not sure what to think about this yet...

targetrasp

i'll watch it, just like I watched Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Mario Bros., Double Dragon, Wizard (commercial disguised as a movie), Doom...

man video game movies are bad...

BLUEVOODU

yeah... I'll probably watch it as well @targetrasp   I still laugh at the image @retro junkie posted.  That is hilarious... never gets old.

I'm telling you though... Angry Birds was a great movie.   If you haven't watched it, you should.  It's pretty funny.

targetrasp

Now they've delayed the movie to fix some things...

Sonic Mania just hit ps+ for free...

damage control?

BLUEVOODU

Ooooo sonic mania hit PS plus for red? @targetrasp ... thank you for the info... I totally missed that.

BLUEVOODU

you know @retro junkie ... I looked at your CGI leak image again... that's still hilarious.  I'm saving it for the future as well. 

:))