Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

On the Go - what do you use for gaming?

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 21, 2018, 02:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Kicking this board off!    Do you play games on your iPhone?  Samsung Galaxy?   or What phone / device do you favor?

targetrasp

Galaxy S8 for phone

Outside of a card game, mahjong, or a match three type of thing cellphone gaming isn't for me. Even on PC I prefer using a controller (there are some exceptions) so the cell doesn't get much gaming unless one of the kids' devices died in the car.

mastermario

Sometimes I'll play the standard puzzle games like Candy Crush to kill time, but usually I'll download an emulator onto my S7 and play some old school Nintendo games. Mario Party, Mario Golf, Mario RPG, Pokemon, whatever. Most things run pretty well. Usually you can run pretty much every N64 game or older pretty easily but I haven't really found a good GC emulator yet. Controls can be tough when joysticks are heavily used in game but I did buy a Bluetooth controller I never use haha.

Kinikko

I guess I use my Galaxy S8+ cause I don't have anything else to use lol.  I really try to find a game that I want to play but I usually get bored suuuuper quick. 
moo.

BLUEVOODU

MM. you should use that Bluetooth controller lol. 

Candy crush is stupid addictive at times.  But it's also annoying now because you have to bypass 10 pages of events an ads to finally get to the puzzle.    If you beat this level in 1 try you get a helmet with the uber bomb.  I then get a crazy horse popping up telling me how he needs the stars I collected and if I don't pay to continue, how sad the horse is going to be if he doesn't get the stars lol

I actually have minecraft on my iPhone.    I made a chicken level. More to come on that later.

retro junkie

I am old school. I do not play games on my phone. I usually carry one of these babies.

there is no spoon

targetrasp

I took the switch out when I knew I was going to be sitting in an office waiting and the stupid thing seemed too big for mobile gaming but too small to play Zelda Breath of the Wild... I don't know about this thing being the next evolution in handheld gaming

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on May 12, 2018, 08:08:50 PM
I took the switch out when I knew I was going to be sitting in an office waiting and the stupid thing seemed too big for mobile gaming but too small to play Zelda Breath of the Wild... I don't know about this thing being the next evolution in handheld gaming
@targetrasp I don't know man... I see what you are saying.  At 1st... I had the initial though of that.  But once it sank in... it felt like the next evolution in gaming and the route gaming COULD go.   Mario and Zelda... I see how you could say that... but I really got used to that initial thought... and it works well for me.  Games like Bomberman, Splatoon 2, and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle worked great / translated well to the smaller format.  Those 3 games worked well on the bigger screen as well - So they covered both formats.

@retro junkie - on your pink GBA SP... is that a sticker or cover?  Or is that a special edition SP?

retro junkie

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on May 17, 2018, 11:06:06 PM
@retro junkie - on your pink GBA SP... is that a sticker or cover?  Or is that a special edition SP?
That is a GB SP skin. I have several other GB SP that I have covered with these skins. Even though they are called skins, they are stickers.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU

I'll continue to give it a shot. I bet Mario rabbids, golf story, bomberman etc. would be fine. Zelda and Xenoblade will have to be reserved for at home play

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp do you have splatoon 2 yet?

@retro junkie that's pretty cool - I wasn't sure how some of those skins would work out. But it looks pretty good!

targetrasp

yup, Parker played it until he got hooked on fortnite. It's rarely seen play since and I've yet to pick it up

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on May 20, 2018, 09:21:31 PM
yup, Parker played it until he got hooked on fortnite. It's rarely seen play since and I've yet to pick it up

@targetrasp we should play that multiplayer at some point.  give it a shot!  it's a lot of fun.