Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

IPs that you'd like to see make a comeback

Started by targetrasp, March 04, 2018, 10:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

We've touched on some in other topics but every video game forum needs this as part of the conversation -

What characters / Games / IPs do you want to see make a come back?

I want a platforming Kid Icarus
Breakthru
Sunset Riders
any top tier beatemup
Metroid I got my wish on the 3ds
Advance Wars
Return Fire
Dark Cloud
Blue Dragon
Shadowrun (want the more rpgish console versions)
Jade Empire
Vagrant Story
ICO / Shadow of Colossus do remakes count?
Super Mario RPG - Nintendo made Super Mario Xcom - why not RPG 2?
Skies of Arcadia (I bought this from BV waaay back in the day)
Shenmue
Starwars KOTOR

I could go on and on...

BLUEVOODU

You know exactly what I'm going to say 1st.....

I want the following
1.) UN Squadron 2 - Capcom ... please??  PLEASSEEEEE!!!!!???!
2.) Defense Grid 3  - I really liked 1 and 2.. would be down for a 3rd
3.) Super Mario RPG - Yes please
4.) Advanced Wars
5.) Double Dragon - in the old school way... would be cool
6.)  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Old school as well.... Turtles in Time
7.)  Pulstar -  Need a sequel.
8.)  Actraiser - We NEED a sequel for this one.

My list can go on too... and probably will as we progress with this thread

targetrasp

More Actraiser 1 or 2? - I liked the God sim part, it added to the story - I was disappointed when Actraiser 2 came out without it.

TNMT was top of the list when I though beatemups

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 06, 2018, 08:43:00 AM
More Actraiser 1 or 2? - I liked the God sim part, it added to the story - I was disappointed when Actraiser 2 came out without it.

TNMT was top of the list when I though beatemups
More of Actraiser 1 for sure.  Actraiser was alright... but didn't get me like Actraiser 1.  I absolutely remember this song too:

TMNT is still at the top of my list!   Turtles in Time was an awesome game.  It's been a long time since I played it... but We need a resurgence in games like this.  I never did get around to playing the newer TMNT games.  I've wondered how they are... definitely been tempted

targetrasp

last one I played was TMNT on the 360, I think it was the first game I got 100% achievement progress on. It was vanilla at best and didn't take long to complete. Afterwards I've completely lost touch.

BLUEVOODU

The 360 and DS TMNT games aren't worth it then?

mastermario

BLUEVOODU

Command and Conquer Generals... WITH NETCODE THAT WORKS.... that would be awesome.

Mai Valentine

Another Golden Sun game might be cool. I really enjoyed all of the ones that are already out.

targetrasp

I keep forgetting about these games - great addition

retro junkie

I would like to see a Marvel vs Capcom (hand drawn animation, 60fps) for my "new" 3DS.

Panzer Dragoon for the present generation of consoles, updated graphics, including Xbone of course, because that is what I have, and "new" 3ds.

R-Type for the modern consoles, hand drawn graphics, 60fps. Impress me.

Outrun and San Francisco Rush, arcade perfect, with two modes of play, original graphics and updated to present standards.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Frodus on March 17, 2018, 08:50:09 PM
Check out Tiny Metal.

Hm... I Will take a look into this game.  Looks like it is digital only?

@Frodus Tiny Metal looks pretty cool - picking it up soon.  Have much experience with it?

targetrasp

Hey, another game added to my steam wishlist.

24.99 is rough for a rehash of a 15 year old game sooooo waiting for Steam sale

BLUEVOODU

Battalion wars - we are REALLY due for another one of these.   I ran across my Gamecube copies of Battalion Wars 1 and 2 today... and was thinking ... we really need this game rebooted.

Others?  Post it up!

targetrasp

I'd love to see Mega Man Legends come back

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp What about Megaman legends do you want to see come back?   Somehow, I don't doubt that it'll come back at some point.

I'd love to see the crusader series come back in some sort of reboot.  Not sure what kind of reboot... but a reboot of some sort.  Great game...

targetrasp

the tronne bonne fiasco aside I really enjoyed the two legends games. I think it'd shine as a truly open world title.

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU @Frodus I happen to catch Tiny Metal on sale and it wasn't bad at all. After shoveling a dozen hours into it I realized where I learned about it and wanted to come back to a years long dead thread to say thanks!

BLUEVOODU

Lol.  Yeah. That is a game I need to put more time into as well. Tiny Metal was  great recommendation by @Frodus  not sure he if he just lurks now or what. But hopefully he sees it.

targetrasp

along the whole IPs making a come back theme...

I just bought Battletoads on Steam for 5 bucks... gonna give it a go this weekend. It looks chaotic. Its predecessor was wild, kinda hoping for more of the same only a tiny bit less unforgiving