Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: Terrible Time to Build a PC  (Read 1789 times)

Offline CreepinDeth

• ViewPoint
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Time to Build a PC
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »
Rounding back on this, seems like prices are more reasonable now. I started pricing things out and the main component that still seems overpriced is RAM. I've seen GTX 1080 GPUs go for as low as $500.

My mindset has changed quite a bit this last month. My PC is 7 1/2 years old now and even though I can't run everything at 60FPS, I can still max out all of my games and keep the most demanding ones at a locked 30FPS at 1080p. Now, I just want to build a budget rig and tinker around with parts. I think the thrill of the hunt is something that's more satisfying for me than just buying top of the line and being done with it.

I recently upgraded my PC to 16GB of DDR3 RAM and my PC feels snappier. Might just be placebo but I'm certain I noticed a difference. Especially in web browsing. Chrome and Firefox cache a good amount of the sites I frequent the most.

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
I'm still under the mindset of not upgrading.  With that... I ended up purchasing a Dell G5 15" laptop for gaming on the go and a few other reasons right now.  It's working out pretty well.  I definitely have the building bug.

So you think prices are coming down well?  Maybe I jumped the gun and should've waited.

You should post your build - when you decide to do one.  And yes, adding Ram (up to 16GB) should be noticed with newer operating systems and Chrome / Firefox.  Chrome is especially eats a lot if you use many tabs.  Really.. 8GB should be the LOWEST you would go on a work PC (64Bit) and standard should now be set at 16GB.

Offline Polygon

• Deku Scrub
    • BlastMode7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
Prices are getting close to where they were about two years ago. Hell, I got a new case for one of my systems and decided to upgrade because prices on RAM are pretty damn good.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more