Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Everything SNES, Super Famicom, NES, Famicom...

Started by retro junkie, March 08, 2018, 09:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro junkie

Exactly what it says. Anything to do with these retro consoles.  8)

This afternoon I have been playing my Super Famicom on the CRT that I originally played my SNES on when I brought it home from Walmart. Darius Twin, I love this game. Love the whole series as a matter of fact. Some of the games has such haunting and enchanting music which creates its own atmosphere of an unforgettable shooter. Darius Gaiden on the Saturn took away many hours. Looks like I will be here with Darius Twin for a few days. This is the Super Famicom version. No problem negotiating any of the menus. Only the story is in Japanese.

there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Man... I love Darius Twin.  Someone traded a copy into my shop a long time ago.  I ended up buying it for myself.  It was one of those "I need this Shmup" games.

Maybe I will break it out over the weekend.  As you mentioned, the music in the game is well done - haunting and enchanting. 

Your CRT is still working?  Unfortunately... none of my old old tvs work and they were tossed about 2 years ago.

retro junkie

In the first 5 years of my married life, my wife and I purchased our first color TV. It is a Sanyo 19" with no RCA input. All it has is two screws for old antenna wire and a input for cable TV. Surprisingly it is still going. It has become my retro console game playing TV. They don't make-um like that anymore. I have a converter box in order to hook up my consoles which have RCA outputs.

I grew up with black & white TV. So finally having color was great.  :)
there is no spoon

targetrasp

They should start producing crts again, I really want to play house of the dead on the dreamcast with the guns

CreepinDeth

I'm still keeping an eye out for a broadcast CRT like a Sony PVM. Best colors since they were made for actual broadcasts for TV. Retro games look superb from all of the screenshots I've seen.

SNES has a lot of great memories for me. Super Mario World and Turtles in Time were a couple of my favorites. You can't forget about all of those RPGs either.

targetrasp

I gave up on finding the broadcast monitor unicorn years ago...

Emulation would be fine if it wasn't for all those wonderful light gun games...

retro junkie

Super Valis IV seems to be an adventure platformy, exploration, slasher treat. Enemies seem sparse at times, but that is why I included exploration. You run around exploring the level hunting for these gray blocks that I am thinking are some sort of power ups which adds to your attacks and, or, abilities. You use the "B" to jump, "y" to shoot, or slash, and the "X" for items. And you run across these enemies, more frequently in some areas. The easy level gives you a longer life bar. And that is only "one" life with some continues. You also get the item area prefilled. Normal level is more challenging with more aggressive enemies and so forth. And there are bosses at the end of each level. Only wished I could double jump because there are some places that I have not figured how to reach. Jumps are precise with the items hidden in unexpected places. The game grows on you as you play. No knowledge of Japanese needed to play this game. Everything I see is in English except for the stills in between that give a sense of a story. Can be found relatively inexpensive. Good Game!!!
there is no spoon

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more