Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Analogue Super Nt - Super NES clone done right?

Started by CreepinDeth, March 08, 2018, 11:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepinDeth

Anybody getting one or even heard of this? This does not use software emulation like most clones and it isn't NOS of original hardware in a new chassis. It uses a special chip that can be tuned to run like the chips that were used back in the original system. So you can use your carts with it and play them on an HDTV with accuracy.

Analogue Super Nt

BLUEVOODU

Interesting... so no emulation.  A legit chip based system ... but it looks that great on newer HD tvs?

1080p with zero lag the website states. This is actually a pretty cool concept.

LOL... and great sound with the Zombies Ate My Neighbor Demo... I love this game.

targetrasp

I've almost preordered this thing 3 times now. All I've seen available is the black one though

retro junkie

I want one bad. It is not like the cheap clones. This is real hardware, not a console on a chip. Price of admission is heavy.
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on March 09, 2018, 01:00:48 AM
Interesting... so no emulation.

Actually, it's still emulation, just not software emulation like the SNES mini and other clones. It's hardware emulation. The FPGA chip is tuned to behave like the original SNES CPU, however, it's still not perfect and can display some errors. The video I posted goes in much longer length on how this achieved.

BLUEVOODU

Yeah. That makes sense and thank you for clarifying. When I think emulation, I think software. 

I saw the video you posted. Great stuff. It looks and sounds pretty good.  It's hard to get a regular SNES to look right on today's tv... even at the 4:3 settings.  I still have all my old SNES carts... definitely interested in this.

BLUEVOODU

As stated in the Neo Geo Mini Topic, I'm bumping this thread.

Who is buying one of these units?  I'm seriously considering one.  So many things...   Why for there so many things?!

retro junkie

I was seriously thinking about, still not sure. I fade in and out, very wishy washy. Right now I have ordered a scan line generator. I am going to see just how successful it is before I make a permanent decision. Scan lines is the one thing that caused me to really want one. With a generator I can use it across all retro systems. But then again the Analogue Super Nt has a very small foot print and will accept both US and Japan carts. Then again I have the real thing both SNES and Super Famicom. Hmmmm.......I can think of good points for both pros and cons. I will probably end up with one.  :))
there is no spoon

targetrasp

every time one of these comes out I go back and forth on should I or shouldn't I and by the time I decide to pull the trigger the thing is sold out. My SNES collection isn't what it once was so it's difficult to spend that much..

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on September 15, 2018, 07:21:30 PM
I was seriously thinking about, still not sure. I fade in and out, very wishy washy. Right now I have ordered a scan line generator. I am going to see just how successful it is before I make a permanent decision. Scan lines is the one thing that caused me to really want one. With a generator I can use it across all retro systems. But then again the Analogue Super Nt has a very small foot print and will accept both US and Japan carts. Then again I have the real thing both SNES and Super Famicom. Hmmmm.......I can think of good points for both pros and cons. I will probably end up with one.  :))

@retro junkie   there's a scanline generator?! I didn't realize that was a thing.

@targetrasp I get that - my Snes collection hasn't changed a lot.  I added a few over the years though.

My wallet is coughing at this point in time... so I'll have to wait.

retro junkie

there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie wow... That's interesting. I've not seen anything like that before.    Thank you for sharing.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more