Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Phantasy Star Online Version 2- Confirmed for Nintendo Switch - Japan

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 09, 2018, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Remember this topic:  Bluevoodu's Wish for the Switch - Phantasy Star Online?

Well Guess what??
Nintendo Direct: Phantasy Star Online 2 Switch Announced For Japan, Includes Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Items - Gamespot

MasterMario - Time to warm up the switch.  We need a US launch.

According to NintendoLife, it's free to play with micro transactions.  As much as I had micro transactions.... I'm pumped.
Nintendo Switch Is Getting A New Phantasy Star Online Game - Nintendolife.

Who else is pumped?  Thoughts?  Post it up!

targetrasp

Cautiously optimistic.

Sega hasn't brought pso2 to the states on the PS4, why would they localize it on the switch?

BLUEVOODU

well... if could be because of the touch screen.  That helps inventory immensely.   I guess I'm more cautious on how they would handle voice chat now... text chat just isn't as prevalent these days.

I think the game itself... if it ACTUALLY plays somewhat like the original and has the animations ... They may have a winning formula.  I'm pumped for this... if it is released state side.

Somehow, I doubt we'll see a PS4 release.

targetrasp

I still can't get used to talking about a sega game on a Nintendo console...

it feels dirty - like the straight A squeaky clean cheerleader dating the barely passing burnout.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 17, 2018, 10:53:12 AM
I still can't get used to talking about a sega game on a Nintendo console...

it feels dirty - like the straight A squeaky clean cheerleader dating the barely passing burnout.
LOL... I hear you on that.  Seriously.  It took the LONGEST time ... even though I bought and played Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2 on the Gamecube.   There were other games as well... Crazy Taxi is another one.  I still enjoyed the Gamecube version of that as well.

targetrasp

I'm still praying Sega comes back to the hardware market. It would be a miracle since their first party games are mostly gone or crap. Total War and Football Manager is all it seems they have going for them that's newer. I love Valkyria games but that last one really didn't do anything for the franchise and I've seen nothing new outside of that since the ps3.

BLUEVOODU

Heck... I Wasn't aware they did the Football manager games.

The last few Sonic Games were pretty good.  I really liked Sonic Generations.  As much as I wish there was.. I'm not sure we will ever see another entrance into the video game realm.  Companies are too afraid (unlike years of past) to innovate and play / try.  They are punished for those failures... and are now sticking to their cookie cutter formulas.