Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Sea of Thieves

Started by targetrasp, March 11, 2018, 11:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

This game may just renew my interest in the XBOX one. I'm always wanting a good pirate game and since Sid Miers Pirates there's been nothing of mention. It's a cool genre that got beat to death in movies and tv for a while but video games haven't been able to capitalize on it well.

Admittedly I've seen reletively nothing on the game. I've not read a review, discussion, or seen a minute of game play. I'm tempted to buy into the game blind just to limit expectations.

Is anyone else here interested in the game or jumping aboard when it launches?

retro junkie

This is not the one called Skull and Bones, is it. Or is that another game on its way?
there is no spoon

targetrasp

Skull and Bones comes out later. Sea of Thieves is a xbone exclusive that comes out in another week or so.

BLUEVOODU

I love Sid Meier's Pirates.   I know it feels like a basic game now... but it's still fun to play.  I have a couple versions... maybe another topic will be created on this.

Until I saw this post... I've seen nothing on the game. Looking at it now... it looks interesting.  Once you play it... post up your thoughts. 

BLUEVOODU

The IGN review of this game looks pretty cool:
Sea of Thieves Review in Progress – Day 1 Impressions - IGN.com

I wish this was on other systems as well.

targetrasp

I have a feeling i'll get into this game. I've bought so much lately that just not captured my attention it's about time for something to do it for me.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp have you been getting into the game?

At least 1-2 other people from work started playing it.  The 1 guy renewed his XBOX LIVE membership just for this game... lol... he's digging it.

targetrasp

I've completely abandoned it. I'd love this game if any of my friends played it. I don't want to jump in with randos and play anything requiring teamwork.

targetrasp

I finally found a friend that has game pass and we started this up...

It's a never ending fetch quest wrapped in some of the most visuals I've ever seen in a game. It's a great low stress kinda thing until someone runs up and destroys you and takes all your crap.

It'd be a little more awesome if you could turn off pvp somehow (private servers, etc) for those of us that just wanna enjoy the chill, or figure the dang game out first OR if a small party (1/2) could effectively pilot one of the big ships. Running away in a little sloop sucks, but ship vs. ship you're almost always boned.

A party of 4 would have a great time wrecking player and computer face, if you cant get a party of four that can work together or three really awesome players, the frustration spikes will incite foul language and rage quits, unless you run from ship to ship battles. You'll still have people screw with you when you go to turn stuff in though, so even thing it's painful.

BLUEVOODU

I Would like to play this... but I opted to not buy an Xbone.   I will be doing the same during the next console series.   It is not because I don't like the XBOX... I made a decision to not buy all the consoles anymore during the last round of Consoles.   

This game looks like a lot of fun.... I remember my co-workers talking about how fun it was (about 2 years ago now).  Now that you're playing, it makes me want to pick it up.  HOWEVER... I'm sticking to my guns on the consoles lol.

targetrasp

For it to be more than a distraction we'd really need four people anyway. It's super fun with two until you've played for two hours, got a ship full of treasure, and some random group comes at you with a ship 4 times you're size and blows you out of the water, steals all your stuff, and kills you.

Its also a little off putting that your work in the game doesn't really get you anywhere. The only progression is with the story. You don't level up, you just get money for cosmetics. It keeps the pvp aspect fair (until it's one vs many) but it feels like you're not REALLY getting rewarded.

I still dig it, but after a 8 or so hours it's fell out of the rotation. 

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more