Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Preordering Video Games on Amazon

Started by targetrasp, March 11, 2018, 12:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

Apparently I've been living in a cave since last August but I assumed since Amazon stopped discounting games their first two weeks on the market they also dropped the preorder bonus for Prime members. When looking at games nothing was mentioned about discount at all so I just assumed it was gone. It seems the preorder discount still exists, its just not mentioned until the item is in your cart.

I'd imagine i'm probably the one person not to realize this but just in case here you guys go.

BLUEVOODU

I noticed the discount wasn't offered for Prime on Burnout Paradise Remastered - PS4.   That's weird... because another game I checked had the discount and immediately listed it before check out.  I was signed in when reading both.  My 1st thought was - well maybe it was because I wasn't signed it... doesn't appear to be the case.  I tried adding Burnout Paradise remastered to the cart but didn't take it into checkout - and didn't see the discount.

Once the game was ready for pre-order on Amazon, it was less than 2 weeks until launch.   So the discount should be extended until the end of the 2nd week the game is on the market?

targetrasp

I can't figure out what they're doing. I got Sea of Thieves and Ni No Kuni 2 for the discount and both release in under 2 weeks...

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 11, 2018, 10:04:22 PM
I can't figure out what they're doing. I got Sea of Thieves and Ni No Kuni 2 for the discount and both release in under 2 weeks...
How long ago was that?

I'm looking at Dark Souls for the Switch and I see it now - check the screen shot.  Strange...

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

Yeah... weird... it works at times and doesn't.

Looks like it's working for now at least.

BLUEVOODU

Bumping this topic up... I noticed Spiderman PS4 and Diablo 3 Switch are not showing the pre-order price.

Update:  I found the following after checkout:

Congratulations. Your purchase qualifies you for a $10 promotional credit which will be delivered to your account 30-35 days after the game is shipped or digitally delivered.

So... that means you do not get it up front anymore.  I Guess that's fine... I wonder if they ran into issues with people returning.   This wouldn't stop people from returning though.  Maybe gaming companies didn't want their retail prices looking lower on Amazon.