Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Final Fantasy XIV

Started by Kinikko, March 14, 2018, 02:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinikko

So I finally got my character over to Balmung, which is where I think pretty much everyone I know that plays this has their character.  The name is Kini Otonashi and I am an incredible newb.  I don't really know much of what I'm doing xD but I find it a lot of fun and really want someone to play with. 
moo.

Kinikko

What is an... How do I say it... Non-complicated class to play?  I have a 50-something Bard but I feel like I'm not playing it properly because of all the buffs and shit I'm supposed to be doing. Is there a dps class that is easy to understand with not so no hard mechanics?
moo.

BLUEVOODU

No one else plays this game?  I thought @Mai Valentine played this game too.

@Kinikko have you progressed any further or figured more out on the game?

Kinikko

Honestly haven't had much of a chance to play anything really.  Had a wake up call at the doctor like a week ago and trying to get some stuff in my life straight.  Then hubby came down with bronchitis and I've been taking care of him.  -_- 

I was also waiting for squenix to answer my ticket about my linked PSN account.  Turns out if I want to play on my PC account on the PS4 I have to use a new PSN account because I have a really old account linked to it atm.  >__>  They can't unlink them I guess.  Pretty bullshit. 
moo.

Mai Valentine

Personally I feel like samurai and red mage are probably the least complicated for dps. They have pretty straightforward rotations, even at 70. I'm not sure if you have to have Stormblood to have them unlocked, though. Of the original DPS, I'm not sure which would be the easiest. All of them got a lot of stuff added between level 51 and 70. Black mage takes some getting used to at 60 when you have to learn how to keep Enochian up for Fire IV rotations, for example. But other than that, it's not that bad.

Also, you might try out healing with white mage. Healing itself can be stressful but the process isn't terribly complicated.

Tanking as a paladin is another option. There's not really much to the rotation until 70 and that's if you're trying to maximize your dps output while tanking.

I think I put my character name in the general topic, but mine is Senah Kha if you want to try and look me up in game. I haven't been on much myself recently but I probably will at least tomorrow and Wednesday. I have all of the combat classes at 70 so I could take you through dungeons or stuff if you needed help with that. You can run dungeons unsynced so that might make it a little easier to learn the new bard stuff if you want to keep going with that.