Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Sony email - Playstation Plus for PS3 and Vita

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 22, 2018, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

It's not too surprising... but it does suck to see it happen. 

QuoteHello bluevoodu,

PlayStation®3 (PS3™) or PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) titles will be included in the PlayStation®Plus Monthly Games allocation until March 8, 2019.

After March 8, 2019, the Monthly Games provided to PlayStation Plus members will no longer include PS3 or PS Vita titles. Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.

Beyond March 8, 2019, Monthly Games will only include PlayStation®4 (PS4™) titles. All other features and benefits of the PlayStation Plus service will remain unaffected.

What this means for you
As a PlayStation Plus member, you will continue to receive Monthly Games for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita for every month of your membership until March 8, 2019.

After March 8, 2019, PS3 and PS Vita titles will no longer be included in your Monthly Games allocation.

Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member 

This was March 1st.  Meant to copy it earlier.  The March 8 deadline has long passed.

Post it up!

Kinikko

-_-  Another nail in the coffin for the Vita.  I don't really know what it's hurting allowing those people to keep getting games.  So are they going to give PS4 users more things every month now that they're not giving old systems free shit? 
moo.

targetrasp

It looks like you've still got a year on the march 8th deadline

BLUEVOODU

@Kinikko I agree with you.  There's probably a cost to what they do...  which is why they made the decision. However, it sucks to see the Vita losing support. It would be cool if they made an updated version...  Ooooo  mobile 4K lol. 

@targetrasp good call on that. I lost a year of my life there. Thanks for helping me to get it back lol.