Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Mention / Notify Mod is now installed

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 23, 2018, 07:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

The @mention mod is now installed.  This allows you to notify others via the @ tag.    For example:
@mastermario

This will notify mastermario that I mentioned him in this post.  Once you type @ and start typing a members name, it will auto populate names like Discord and other services.

For existing members, I did not turn on the email option for when you're mentioned / notified

For new members... its on by default like Facebook or Discord.

The messages are only online for 7 day. If you want Emails (or don't want emails) - the setting to turn on/off is in Profile --> Mentions.  There is a check box to turn emails on and off.

Please let me know if there are questions.

mastermario

@bluevoodu I don't think I'm getting the dropdown and I don't think it's working.

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario that's odd... I've got it on mobile and desktop. So when you type @bl you don't get the drop down that lists me and blastmode?  It's a small blue drop down.

I can see it didn't work for you as I dont see your comment under mentions. I also have mine set to email me. 

Did you see anything under profile --> mentions?

Screenshot attatched.

Anyone else have an issue?  Or willing to test   

mastermario

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on March 25, 2018, 07:28:57 PMSo when you type @bl you don't get the drop down that lists me and blastmode?  It's a small blue drop down.

Yes, I am familiar with what a drop down is.  :asdds: :-X :P :o

No, I didn't see any options for it and it's still not working. Checked Chrome and IE.

BLUEVOODU

Weird. 

@Kinikko or @targetrasp  or someone.. Would you be able to help me test as well?

@mastermario - try clearing your browser and then try again. 

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODO

same here, is it a permissions thing?

BLUEVOODU

It doesn't seem to work for me in pm's.  See screenshot below this text... you see the code in message edit mode: @targetrasp 
This is after the message is created and then you edit the message.  Do you see the code?
Did you see that mention under the mentions area?

I'm going to check the granular members permissions and also talk to the smf mod creator of there are no other  permissions   

Interesting too as there were no errors installing and works for  me.  Definitely seems like a permissions thing ... now just to find it. 

BLUEVOODU

SO @targetrasp  good call on the permissions.  There was an additional permission hiding. Go ahead and try again... I think it'll work this time.

Everyone else - in the process of working with this... everyone has mentions now set to notify their emails as well and don't think I can remove it.  IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS, please go to your profile.  Go to Profile Info --> Mentions.  There is a check box bottom right below your mentions.  This should remove it.   

With that said, I found another group that has a better @mention mod... but we will use this one for now as the other is pay.  This one will work good enough for now as we grow.   The other one allows member group notifications as well as single members... this one only allows single member notifications.

I will continue to look into enhancing the board.  IF there are other suggestions or ideas... feel free to Post up in the suggestions board:
Suggestions / Comments / Feedback

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

Yus!   Glad it's working. 

Hopefully it helps.

mastermario

@BLUEVOODU Yes, works for me now as well. Should have trusted me the first time. :)

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: mastermario on April 01, 2018, 11:39:32 PM
@BLUEVOODU Yes, works for me now as well. Should have trusted me the first time. :)
@mastermario LOL... I did - I had to make sure if it was a single issue or site wide.

It was site wide... and there was 1 little permission box hidden away.