Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Profile Fields - Working on Changing

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 06, 2018, 10:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Breaking this out from the suggestions Post.

I am removing AIM and YIM.  ICQ is a thing again... so I'll leave that.   MSN is now SKYPE, Right?

Per Target... I'm Adding Skype (probably means removing MSN), Adding Facebook... is there anything else you would like to see?  Any other important services to add?

Currently Working on:
1.) Facebook Profiles - Direct Link
2.) Youtube Profile - Direct Link
3.) PSN - Username text.
4.) Battle.net - Username and # text
5.) XBOX LIVE - Gamertag text
6.) Switch Friends Codes
7.) Discord Link
8.)  Google+
9.) Twitter
10.) Instagram
11.) Twitch

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

I am crediting you... good sir!

Kinikko

Wait... ICQ is a thing again? 

I saw the AIM/YIM/MSN all in the profile stuff and was like "lol" and then I cri for the death of AIM.  RIP

Probably can have stuff like steam names or battle.net names?  PSN stuff maybe too.  That would eliminate a need for topics in those boards.  Idk, it's up to you. :)
moo.

targetrasp

I had the same reaction...

I downloaded ICQ just to see what it was. It's a little weird, but it could be useful.. no one in any of my circles has adopted it though so it's just something else installed on my computer I probably wont ever use.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Kinikko on February 09, 2018, 03:35:01 AM
Wait... ICQ is a thing again? 

Check this article Icq-is-back-and-there-are-11-things-you-should-know-about-it

You can get it here:
icq.com

Not sure it'll ever be a thing again... but I'm tempted to see if my old user number works lol.

BLUEVOODU

I'm working on this.

Battle.net profiles... is it possible to link to a profile page?  I've searched on this and cannot find anything.

I know you can link to StarCraft 2 profiles such as:
<a href="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/305608/1/BLUEVOODU>Bluevoodu StarCraft 2 Profile</a>

but any clue on just the standard battle.net profile?

Kinikko

Bah, the only thing I can find that even somewhat resembles a profile is if you go to the forums and it ends up giving you https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malfurion/shyvalla stuff like that.
moo.

BLUEVOODU

That's what I thought.    HM..

I might try to contact Blizzard about this.  I plan to keep adding more - It's quite intuitive now to add these.  Just takes a bit of prep work... NOW... hopefully the links don't Change lol. 

Skype should be next... and working on more soon.  Speaking of Skype... does anyone know the standard Skype link for a Skype profile?  That would help me out if you have it on hand.

BLUEVOODU

Also I verified... MSN  messenger (Windows Live messenger) AND I think Yahoo Messenger are all dead. 

I know it sounds weird... but it's amazing at how much has changed since Mid 2000s.   But I digress lol..

Kinikko

moo.

BLUEVOODU

LOL... no kidding... this really shouldn't be hard at this point in time.

I will keep researching to see if I can come up with something consistent.  If not, Skype and Bnet will be put on hold for a short time... I MIGHT be able just to enable a BNET field with User profile and #.. as opposed to a link to a User Profile.

BLUEVOODU

Please test this one out:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2016/sharable-psn-profile-page/

Does this work for you?  I tried bluevodu... and I get a "page cannot be displayed page."   Not sure if this no longer works?

Kinikko

Yeah... Don't think it works.  I get "File not found.""
moo.

BLUEVOODU

Dangit... same result.   WHY IS THIS SO HARD?!?

hm... ok... so BNET, Skype, PSN are all being a pain.  What about XBOX LIve?   So far, it doesn't appear I can find anything on a profile link either.   This is rather dumb. 

I also found this:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/my/public-trophies/
... I put in my name... shows my avatar... but then I see "Cannot find trophy information for this user."  LOL...    Give it a shot and let me know if you get better results.

I will try Facebook soon as well... that should be ok, but Facebook is an absolute pain if you do not "log in."   They barely let you see an account without logging in.

Kinikko

Wtf it's stupid, why be able to look up stuff at all if it don't work right.  I'm pretty sure my profile isn't set to like private or anything too.
moo.

mastermario

Spartan would know better, but I wonder if it's possible to link to a Discord page or something. Discord is more and more popular each day.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Kinikko on February 21, 2018, 11:40:07 PM

Wtf it's stupid, why be able to look up stuff at all if it don't work right.  I'm pretty sure my profile isn't set to like private or anything too.
we will put that one on the back burner for awhile too.

Quote from: mastermario on February 22, 2018, 10:29:07 PM
Spartan would know better, but I wonder if it's possible to link to a Discord page or something. Discord is more and more popular each day.

I'll text him to see... .that's a good idea.

So far... Facebook... maybe discord.   Do you know if you can get to an Xbox LIve page easily?  IE something you can put in your profile.  I guess what we can do is if this doesn't pan out, we can just put a text box and let the member put a User name and what not and leave it at that.

Kinikko

moo.

BLUEVOODU

ok - I'll work off that... appears you have to be logged in to view though.... fun.

Also, youtube profiles?  I can work on that.  any easy pages for that?

Working on these 3 now to progress:
1.) Facebook Profiles
2.) Youtube Profile
3.)  Xbox live profile using the above... HOWEVER... if there is a better public link (public facing like steam page) we should use that.
     * Nevermind .. source:  Stackexchange.com - Format for Xbox Live Member Profile-urls
QuoteYep does not work. I guess MS doesn't want profiles to get spidered and scraped by robots. I don't blame them. – user15877 Oct 15 '15 at 20:20 

AND PSN:  looks like the same thing.  Routes to:
https://my.playstation.com/

SO... I think what I will do is simply put a field for the user ID in the profile for both PSN and XBOX LIVE Gamertag.

BLUEVOODU

Please see 1st post - I updated and will update there what I'm working on under the bold and highlighted text.

Please continue to post more here you want to see.  The ones in my 1st post have my visibility.  If more are desired: Discord, Google whatever, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch...etc...  Post it up and I will add above.  Don't want to get too crazy but we will do whatever is good and current.

BLUEVOODU

ok - Xbox live, PSN, and Facebook are all added.  FB will be next to Steam icon due to direct link.   Xbox and PSN are both in the user's profile.  I Could put the text on the post page as well below icons, but didn't do that yet as I don't want to clutter that up.
* if you want to see it, please let me know and I'll enable as a test... then we can decide.

The other thing I think I want to do - make it so that all of these profile links open in a new page... so you don't lose your spot in the forum.  This would be with Steam, FB...etc.... basically the direct link profile fields with images.  Thought?

Kinikko

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on March 08, 2018, 12:49:28 AM
The other thing I think I want to do - make it so that all of these profile links open in a new page... so you don't lose your spot in the forum.  This would be with Steam, FB...etc.... basically the direct link profile fields with images.  Thought?

Yeah new window is always a better choice imo.
moo.

BLUEVOODU

OK - I changed them to open in a new window.

Do you like the PSN and XBOX ID's being in the profile?   Or would you like to see what it looks like on the posting page?  I really wish they had links to profiles for those services.  I guess I could still link to those services but then the person who clicks has to sign in.  HM... maybe I'll do that lol ...

I will continue to push on with the rest

BLUEVOODU

OK... knocked out a couple more.

Discord, Google+ and Switch Friend Codes

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on February 06, 2018, 10:03:05 PM
Currently Working on:
1.) Facebook Profiles - Direct Link
2.) Youtube Profile - Direct Link
3.) PSN - Username text.
4.) Battle.net - Username and # text
5.) XBOX LIVE - Gamertag text
6.) Switch Friends Codes
7.) Discord Link
8.)  Google+
9.) Twitter
10.) Instagram
11.) Twitch

I added Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, and Youtube tonight... all available in your profiles now

mastermario

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario ICQ Is still on there... it's  actually a thing again. LOL