Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Post Your Recent Gaming Purchases Thread

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 29, 2018, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Ah... the post your recent purchases thread.  Whether adding to your back log, pre-ordering a new game, or buy something retro... post up your recent purchases!

targetrasp

2 play and charge kits for 360
2 360 battery packs
the fractured but whole for ps4

retro junkie

Received in the mailbox today, Fatal Fury 2 for the Sega Genesis. Had my tail whipped tonight!!  :P
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Uncharted Collection PS4 - man... I've been wanted to break this out forever. Can't wait to dig in!s

targetrasp

Earlier this morning I found a game cube with a bunch of games 3 n64 controls, 1 3rd party gcn controller, and a bunch of those plug into your tv controller / game combos for 12 bucks.

The games are crap, except for a complete copy of Metroid prime, and the gamecube was dirty and missing the center plastic piece on top that says Nintendo. Right now everything is being stored away, but when I get some time i'm going to completely disassemble and clean it up. The kid took great care of it as all the games had the cases and the instructions, there was nothing sticky on any of the games or consoles, and there was only one scratch on the console. I can't believe the condition it was in to be that dirty.

Outside of that I went to Toys R' Us today to check out the going out of business sale and walked away with a play and charge kit for my xbone as well as a copy of the Zelda collector's edition of monopoly.

BLUEVOODU

Blazing Star (Neo Geo) for the switch... time to post up some SHMUP MADNESS!

Quote from: targetrasp on March 31, 2018, 09:06:45 PM
Earlier this morning I found a game cube with a bunch of games 3 n64 controls, 1 3rd party gcn controller, and a bunch of those plug into your tv controller / game combos for 12 bucks.

The games are crap, except for a complete copy of Metroid prime, and the gamecube was dirty and missing the center plastic piece on top that says Nintendo. Right now everything is being stored away, but when I get some time i'm going to completely disassemble and clean it up. The kid took great care of it as all the games had the cases and the instructions, there was nothing sticky on any of the games or consoles, and there was only one scratch on the console. I can't believe the condition it was in to be that dirty.

Outside of that I went to Toys R' Us today to check out the going out of business sale and walked away with a play and charge kit for my xbone as well as a copy of the Zelda collector's edition of monopoly.

Ooo... I wonder if we should do something board game related on the boards?  thoughts?  Zelda Collectors edition of Monopoly sounds pretty cool.  I have an older Nintendo edition that was awesome.

and $12 buck... prime is a pretty good game... I would like to revisit that game.

targetrasp

I love board games. Monopoly is an all time favorite and I've tried to get every video game edition of it I can. I've been meaning to pick up the Nintendo version for a while now. The monopoly gamer edition is awesome, and I've got the Mario kart gamer edition but haven't managed to play yet. Finding a group of adults with enough time to sit down and play a board game is difficult

mastermario

Are these supposed to be game purchases? Because I just bought some hair gel from Amazon today haha.

Game-wise...last purchase was probably Dying Light I think.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: mastermario on April 06, 2018, 01:17:22 AM
Are these supposed to be game purchases? Because I just bought some hair gel from Amazon today haha.

Game-wise...last purchase was probably Dying Light I think.
Lol. Good call  - so I edited the 1st post title to include gaming.

Click the links here to buy that hair gel lol. We get credit for that as well. Pretty much for anything amazon related after clicking our links.

This post also has gaming added... so if replying now it should have gaming added to the title.

Quote from: targetrasp on April 05, 2018, 10:38:24 PM
I love board games. Monopoly is an all time favorite and I've tried to get every video game edition of it I can. I've been meaning to pick up the Nintendo version for a while now. The monopoly gamer edition is awesome, and I've got the Mario kart gamer edition but haven't managed to play yet. Finding a group of adults with enough time to sit down and play a board game is difficult

@targetrasp and everyone else - I created a topic in suggestions for board game category and board:

board game category in suggestions board

Post up there if you all want to explore this option.

Bought Metroid: Samus Returns Special Edition for 3DS - comes with soundtrack.  Amazon linky without soundtrack:
Metroid: Samus Returns - Nintendo 3DS - Amazon.com

With sound track:
Metroid: Samus Returns special edition with sound track- Nintendo 3DS - Amazon.com

retro junkie

Today's Haul!
Tatsunoko vs. CAPCOM for the Wii and a GameShark Pro 3.3 for the N64.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on April 07, 2018, 07:10:42 PM
Today's Haul!
Tatsunoko vs. CAPCOM for the Wii and a GameShark Pro 3.3 for the N64.

Nice!  I didn't know they made tatsunoko VA Capcom for the wii... there's a lot of games that went under the radar though.

retro junkie

Did it come out on any other console?

This game alone has brought me back to the Wii
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on April 07, 2018, 08:20:19 PM
Did it come out on any other console?

This game alone has brought me back to the Wii
From what I can see... it was release for the arcade  and Nintendo Wii

Tatsunoko VA Capcom Wikipedia page

targetrasp

Found skylanders super charger starter set for ps3 at Ross for 5bucks

Aya-Kun

Picked up Battlefield 1 with the premium pass as it was going pretty cheap at the moment and I have been curious about it since release but I went with Call of Duty WW2.

Been playing it with a few friends and its actually pretty good

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on April 08, 2018, 06:00:09 PM
Found skylanders super charger starter set for ps3 at Ross for 5bucks
Lucky!  I would've bought that for $5 - We don't have a Ross around here.

@Aya-Kun seems like we need a Battlefield 1 topic... though I'm surprised there is still a fan base.

BLUEVOODU

Lego marvel super heroes - PS4. Yes. Another Lego game lol

targetrasp

How do you like it? It didn't seem to appeal to me as much as the other comic / movie lego games.

I just added some older stuff to my collection:

halo
gta san andreas
destroy all humans
call of duty 3
fable
fable 3
gta 3
gta vice city
Morrowind
Oblivion
Jade Empire
metal gear sold 2
various skylanders figures

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp I haven't broke it out yet.    We are trying to finish Lego Jurassic Park and I didn't have much time to play anything this week.

I DID however buy Call of Duty WW 2 on sale - I saw you were playing it.  Maybe we need to hit up some multiplayer.   I have yet to open it lol though.

targetrasp

sweet, I've yet to take it online, anytime.

Mai Valentine

I just picked up used copies of Final Fantasy Type 0 and Tales of Berseria. When I'll actually get to them, I'm not sure.  ;D

targetrasp

4 for $10.00 at game stop net me

Call of Duty MW 2 (didn't realize I still had a copy of it laying around)
XCOM Enemy Within
Call of Duty MW 3
Kameo Elements of power

all for the 360.

thanks to @retro junkie talking about these games in another thread, I bought copies of project x zone 1 and 2 also

BLUEVOODU

Nice Finds @targetrasp and @Mai Valentine

Still need to install COD WW2........... ...... .. .. .. .. .

Bought Legend of Zelda Tri-force heroes - 3Ds.  It's on amazon for $19 - I figure that'll be one to also appreciate lol... though I'll still open and play it.  :))

targetrasp

tri-force heroes didn't keep me like most Zelda games do. I bought it on a whim walking through Target. I'd never heard of it, had no idea a new Zelda was coming out, and someone said, "hey new Zelda."

I grabbed it, took it home, played it for a few days, put it up. It was Zelda game sans story and as much as I tend to skip through dialogue it's weird and unsettling not having to do that in a Zelda game.

BLUEVOODU

Lol this thing that wastes my time and I always have to skip... is not there...  and that's unsettling.

Now I'm having 2nd thoughts about buying

targetrasp

play it, you'll get your money out of it. It was pretty cool, I'm just insanely unfocused, something has to be an 11 / 10 to get me to sit down with it more than a few times anymore. I only beat WW2's normal campaign because my son was ahead of me and giving me a hard time. Burnout, Ni No Kuni 2, Monster Hunter, Horizon Zero Dawn, Secret of Mana, Sea of Thieves, have all been played once or twice and put down  - Tri Force heroes is in good company!

targetrasp

More purchases...

Puzzle and Dragons + Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Bros (sucks)
Rodea the Sky Soldier (looks like it going to suck)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (trying to get them all so I can play in order)
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures (really wanna play around with the Gameboy link cables)
Suikoden
Golden Sun (finally found the game reasonably prices, I lost my copy when the game first came out, I still have original box and book, it skyrocketed for a while but has since came down)

Aya-Kun

Been on the fence for a while about the Switch but I made up my mind and have bought the console, mario Odyssey, Zelda and Mario Kart

Should be coming today from amazon =3

targetrasp

It won't disappoint. We've got one in the house now, I'm waiting until some special edition comes out before I purchase a second. Walmart sells the official dock for 60 so you can set it up in multiple rooms easily anyway, no need for a second unless multiplayer is a priority. Odyssey and Zelda alone will entertain for a hundred hours easily.

Kinikko

Just found myself an SNES classic today at Target. :3  I added like 20 additional games to it so now it's got over 40 games. >:3 
moo.