targetrasp

I took advantage of a 4 for $20 sale at Gamestop and got

Troll and I
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
Metal Gear Solid V
Dungeons 2

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Aya-Kun on May 06, 2018, 03:08:29 AM
Been on the fence for a while about the Switch but I made up my mind and have bought the console, mario Odyssey, Zelda and Mario Kart

Should be coming today from amazon =3
@Aya-Kun nice!  How do you like it?  You should post up your experiences and what you like / dislike .. Or topics on games. 

@targetrasp  what's the dock you're taking about?  You should create a topic on that dock. I think I missed it.

@Kinikko - dumb question...  but how do you add games? 

I bought Lego star wars force awakens on super sale.
My son and I will be tackling it after 100% -ing Lego jurassic park.

Kinikko

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on June 10, 2018, 11:45:38 PM
@Kinikko - dumb question...  but how do you add games? 

It's like really super easy.  http://snesclassicmods.com/how-to-add-more-games-to-snes-classic-mini/ 

You just download this program and follow the instructions.  You add ROMs to it, so I know some people are iffy on the ethics or whatever of that, but it's never bothered me none.  XD 

You can even install different emulation software and play all kinds of different stuff on it from different consoles.  I've not done this kind of stuff though but it seems pretty straightforward if you just follow the instructions.
http://snesclassicmods.com/how-to-install-retroarch-to-snes-classic-mini/
moo.

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU You can buy just the dock for the Nintendo switch so you can use it in different rooms without having to unplug anything. It's pretty much everything that comes with the switch sans handheld for 70ish...

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp ah ok. I thought you meant a different kind of dock or something with cool new functionality.   $60 is a little steep imo for the unit.

My mind started racing on cool new functionalities lol

targetrasp

ha, nope. I thought 69 was good, since it started out at 100.

actually, you're probably right. It's sat in a box since I bought it. I can't decide where I want it.

Aya-Kun

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on June 10, 2018, 11:45:38 PM
Quote from: Aya-Kun on May 06, 2018, 03:08:29 AM
Been on the fence for a while about the Switch but I made up my mind and have bought the console, mario Odyssey, Zelda and Mario Kart

Should be coming today from amazon =3
@Aya-Kun nice!  How do you like it?  You should post up your experiences and what you like / dislike .. Or topics on games. 

@BLUEVOODU I really like it, haven't played as much as I would have wanted, most of the games take time and some times I want something to pick up and put down but what I have played I really liked

On a different note picked up a few things cheap recently that I wanted to add to my collection
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 hd PS4
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD PS4
Nier Automata PS4

Not so cheaply but bought a Playstation VR hopefully will come tomorrow can't wait to try it out, other being on the fence but I was speaking with a friend last night who has one

BLUEVOODU

@Aya-Kun what is Nier Automata?

How did the vr turn out?  Might be a cool new topic!

retro junkie

They marked down all the Playstation VR real cheap, $150, at my local Walmart a couple of months ago. They sold them all out. And they haven't replaced them.

I sort of wonder how a racing game would be on one.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

I got two of the NES Classic Minis, an extra controller, and some controller extensions. I'll put one in a protective case and / or have it graded like I did with the snes classic and play with one.

Kinikko

A couple weeks ago we sold a bunch of our old stuff we didn't need and got a PSVR with most of the games they have out for it.  Jacob loves it, and it is pretty cool.  I just need to get new glasses cause my nose piece on this pair is broken and it digs into my nose with the VR on. 
moo.

Aya-Kun

@BLUEVOODU

Nier Automata is this, its kinda a squeal to Nier that came out in 2010 I loved the original, and I played the beta of this a while back but never had a chance to pick it up. It kept its price really well and only recently went down in the sale.

I love my VR no regrets on buying it, there seems to be some really good games out there and there pretty fun, was one of the VR games that made me feel a bit sickish but other wise no problems

Did play until dawn rush of blood and I love my horror films and games but even this freaked the shit out of me at times, especially when the creature is far away one moment and then 2 inches away from your face, gets the heart racing thats for sure XD

Recently purchased Attack on Titan 2: Wings of Freedom

targetrasp

Found The limited edition version of Tekken 6 for the 360 at a yard sale for $7.00 CIB. The box was and controller was in good shape but the game was unopened. I also bought GTA 5, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Xcom, and Skyrim for $2.00 each. I've already got all the games but those were in almost pristine shape.

Oddly enough the arcade stick smells musty or smoky while the games and even the box the stick came in doesn't. I guess it'll go in the clean and repair pile with that filthy gamecube i picked up a little while back.

Kinikko

Just picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS and Detroit: Become Human both used today after trading a handful of crap I don't play anymore. 
moo.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp you seem to be a magnet for good deals.  You and @retro junkie

@Aya-Kun Thakn you for posting that... it took me a bit to see the reply.  That looks pretty interesting - I read up a bit online as well.  Interesting art style... and buh... some of those robots have creepy faces lol.

Kinikko

Bought Okami HD, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, and Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book with a coupon I had with my Power up points at Gamestop.  Just went there to preorder Spiderman and ended up getting 3 other games.  XD  Only ended up paying about $10 each for those though with all my coupons. 
moo.

BLUEVOODU

OOoo... Okami HD.  That's a pretty good game.  I dig it.

I tried to buy Psyvariar on the Switch...  Pre-order that is.  However, they took it down.  GRrrr.

CreepinDeth

I picked up the Shenmue I & II collection and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Collection for PS4. I'm happy to see that HZD has dropped in price, I've been wanting to play it for a while. Mostly because of the graphic fidelity.

BLUEVOODU

Horizon Zero Dawn - we need a topic. lol  ;D   DAngit @CreepinDeth ... it's less than $20.   This makes me want to buy it.

Gaming backlog fodder?!?  Or CDG Multiplayer gaming fodder?  Nevermind... just noticed it's single player only.  I still may get it ... <$20 = hard to not buy.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on September 02, 2018, 11:39:46 PM
Horizon Zero Dawn - we need a topic. lol  ;D   DAngit @CreepinDeth ... it's less than $20.   This makes me want to buy it.

It was $17 last week both digitally and physically. Impulse buy for me at that point.

And yeah, a topic would be great. Reading and watching the devs talk about the tech that went behind this game is really interesting to me.

BLUEVOODU

yup... I just Impulse bought it as well... thanks for helping me fall off the cliff.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on September 02, 2018, 11:53:31 PM
yup... I just Impulse bought it as well... thanks for helping me fall off the cliff.

Ha! Well, at this point, happy gaming!  ;D

BLUEVOODU

I bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider early edition with the cool steelbook:
Chickendinnergaming - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Topic

This game was rated 9/10 by IGN... more posting about that soon.   The steelbook design is pretty cool as well - as noted in the above topic.

retro junkie

This may be a blast-from-the-past for some. But I just recently purchased,

Star Ocean (with  English patch, now playing)

Sailor Moon
Doom Troopers
The Firemen
Terranigma
Iron Commando
Zelda 8n1 (Hacked Zelda games on cart)
Ganpupu: Gunman's Proof
Nightmare Busters
Gourmet Sentai
Phazon (Hacked Metroid)
Edono Kiba
Captain Commando
Breath of Fire
Metal Warriors
Skyblazer
Ghost Chaser Densei
Magic Knight Rayearth (English patch)
Dragon Quest 6
All SNES games. And one NES that I can hardly wait for Final Fantasy 7. I have the box already, still waiting for the game.

The games have started pouring in. I love it when it is like this!
there is no spoon

targetrasp

I picked up some cheap stuff from Gamestops retro selection..

Spider-Man and the X-Men Arcades Revenge
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Mario Party Advance
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy Tactics
Game and Watch Gallery 4
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Mortal Kombat 3

Lots of PS1 and GBA stuff, but a few snes and even one n64 cartridge, all under $4.00 except for Mario advance, it was 6

Also just picked up Shenmue 1&2 for ps4 and preordered the neo mini w/ 2 gamepads

BLUEVOODU

You guys both scored some awesome games.  lol.... Captain Commando.   I have found memories of that game.  I Still have my copy.

@targetrasp  I have 1 question - How did you get Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 as "cheap stuff?"   I thought that was still expensive... ?  And Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles.  I Remember that game.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on September 13, 2018, 11:20:49 AM
I bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider early edition with the cool steelbook:
Chickendinnergaming - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Topic

This game was rated 9/10 by IGN... more posting about that soon.   The steelbook design is pretty cool as well - as noted in the above topic.

Game looks amazing. Let us know how it is.

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU

https://www.gamestop.com/games/super-mario-world-super-mario-advance-2/18403

it's gone up a little since I bought it but still well under 10 - I paid 3.99 less rewards member discount

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth - Will Do!   I have some screenshots of the case to load up.  I received the game a day early ... should've been 2 days.  I'll post a topic on this soon - but don't order other stuff with your pre-orders LOL.  They can delay the rest of your order. 

@targetrasp Wow... have those games come down in price?  For awhile... I thought they were a lot higher.  Maybe I'm only thinking of Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3.... but I could've sworn others skyrocketed in price.

targetrasp

The GBA stuff is sub $10.00... I've not looked at (or for) Yoshi's Island so I'm not sure (I hate that game) if it's high.

The SNES Mario allstars with Super Mario world is still a little high but the gba stuff is dirt cheap it seems. Even stuff like Golden Sun is super reasonable. I don't know what happened but i'm stocking up on GBA as much as I can.