Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: Post Your Recent Gaming Purchases Thread  (Read 917 times)

Offline targetrasp

• Simon Belmont
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Recent Gaming Purchases Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2018, 08:49:30 AM »
I took advantage of a 4 for $20 sale at Gamestop and got

Troll and I
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
Metal Gear Solid V
Dungeons 2

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Metal Slug
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 11:45:38 PM »
Been on the fence for a while about the Switch but I made up my mind and have bought the console, mario Odyssey, Zelda and Mario Kart

Should be coming today from amazon =3
@Aya-Kun nice!  How do you like it?  You should post up your experiences and what you like / dislike .. Or topics on games. 

@targetrasp  what's the dock you're taking about?  You should create a topic on that dock. I think I missed it.

@Kinikko - dumb question...  but how do you add games? 

I bought Lego star wars force awakens on super sale.
My son and I will be tackling it after 100% -ing Lego jurassic park.

Offline Kinikko

• Piikkkkmin
  • NekoDragon
    • phoenix2552
    • kairi2552
    • Kinikko
    • Kinikko
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 12:56:59 AM »
@Kinikko - dumb question...  but how do you add games? 

It's like really super easy.  http://snesclassicmods.com/how-to-add-more-games-to-snes-classic-mini/ 

You just download this program and follow the instructions.  You add ROMs to it, so I know some people are iffy on the ethics or whatever of that, but it's never bothered me none.  XD 

You can even install different emulation software and play all kinds of different stuff on it from different consoles.  I've not done this kind of stuff though but it seems pretty straightforward if you just follow the instructions.
http://snesclassicmods.com/how-to-install-retroarch-to-snes-classic-mini/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:59:05 AM by Kinikko »
moo.

Offline targetrasp

• Simon Belmont
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 01:24:39 AM »
@BLUEVOODU You can buy just the dock for the Nintendo switch so you can use it in different rooms without having to unplug anything. It's pretty much everything that comes with the switch sans handheld for 70ish...

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Metal Slug
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 07:49:31 AM »
@targetrasp ah ok. I thought you meant a different kind of dock or something with cool new functionality.   $60 is a little steep imo for the unit.

My mind started racing on cool new functionalities lol

Offline targetrasp

• Simon Belmont
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2018, 07:05:49 AM »
ha, nope. I thought 69 was good, since it started out at 100.

actually, you're probably right. It's sat in a box since I bought it. I can't decide where I want it.

Offline Aya-Kun

• Deku Scrub
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 12:02:38 PM »
Been on the fence for a while about the Switch but I made up my mind and have bought the console, mario Odyssey, Zelda and Mario Kart

Should be coming today from amazon =3
@Aya-Kun nice!  How do you like it?  You should post up your experiences and what you like / dislike .. Or topics on games. 

@BLUEVOODU I really like it, haven't played as much as I would have wanted, most of the games take time and some times I want something to pick up and put down but what I have played I really liked

On a different note picked up a few things cheap recently that I wanted to add to my collection
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 hd PS4
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD PS4
Nier Automata PS4

Not so cheaply but bought a Playstation VR hopefully will come tomorrow can't wait to try it out, other being on the fence but I was speaking with a friend last night who has one

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Metal Slug
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
@Aya-Kun what is Nier Automata?

How did the vr turn out?  Might be a cool new topic!

Offline retro junkie

• Tails
  • all your base are belong to us
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2018, 08:08:46 PM »
They marked down all the Playstation VR real cheap, $150, at my local Walmart a couple of months ago. They sold them all out. And they haven't replaced them.

I sort of wonder how a racing game would be on one.
there is no spoon

Offline targetrasp

• Simon Belmont
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »
I got two of the NES Classic Minis, an extra controller, and some controller extensions. I'll put one in a protective case and / or have it graded like I did with the snes classic and play with one.

Offline Kinikko

• Piikkkkmin
  • NekoDragon
    • phoenix2552
    • kairi2552
    • Kinikko
    • Kinikko
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2018, 10:14:37 PM »
A couple weeks ago we sold a bunch of our old stuff we didn't need and got a PSVR with most of the games they have out for it.  Jacob loves it, and it is pretty cool.  I just need to get new glasses cause my nose piece on this pair is broken and it digs into my nose with the VR on. 
moo.

Offline Aya-Kun

• Deku Scrub
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2018, 04:34:35 AM »
@BLUEVOODU

Nier Automata is this, its kinda a squeal to Nier that came out in 2010 I loved the original, and I played the beta of this a while back but never had a chance to pick it up. It kept its price really well and only recently went down in the sale.

I love my VR no regrets on buying it, there seems to be some really good games out there and there pretty fun, was one of the VR games that made me feel a bit sickish but other wise no problems

Did play until dawn rush of blood and I love my horror films and games but even this freaked the shit out of me at times, especially when the creature is far away one moment and then 2 inches away from your face, gets the heart racing thats for sure XD

Recently purchased Attack on Titan 2: Wings of Freedom

Offline targetrasp

• Simon Belmont
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
Found The limited edition version of Tekken 6 for the 360 at a yard sale for $7.00 CIB. The box was and controller was in good shape but the game was unopened. I also bought GTA 5, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Xcom, and Skyrim for $2.00 each. I've already got all the games but those were in almost pristine shape.

Oddly enough the arcade stick smells musty or smoky while the games and even the box the stick came in doesn't. I guess it'll go in the clean and repair pile with that filthy gamecube i picked up a little while back.

Offline Kinikko

• Piikkkkmin
  • NekoDragon
    • phoenix2552
    • kairi2552
    • Kinikko
    • Kinikko
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2018, 06:35:41 PM »
Just picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS and Detroit: Become Human both used today after trading a handful of crap I don't play anymore. 
moo.