Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Post Your Recent Gaming Purchases Thread

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 29, 2018, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

woot!  How is it @Grindspine ?

I pre-ordered The new Call of Duty.

targetrasp

I picked up the Disney afternoon collection and Aerea during the last playstation store sale pretty cheap... Great games, infuriating at times but fun.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp - what games are included in the Disney collection?

targetrasp

ducktales 1-2, chip and dale Rescue rangers 1 -2, tale spin, and darkwing duck.

it scratches that NES era side-scroller itch

targetrasp

For background noise I left YouTube on. It got stuck on this video game pickup videos that Metal Jesus and Radical Reggie do together. They must have mentioned hundreds of games but two made me stop what I was doing and pay attention, and of course I bought them both this weekend.

Reggie said Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology for the 3ds was Chrono Trigger good. Metal Jesus mentioned Victor Vran had Motorhead in it... that's all it took...

Outside of that I picked up Anthem for ps4 and tales of vesperia for switch cheap last week.

retro junkie

@targetrasp I just picked up a hand full of games for the middle of October. I will be taking some time off and wanted some new stuff to mess with. One of those titles is "Radiant Historia" for the DS. It has some good reviews too. I did not realize there was a second one for the 3DS. If I like this one then I will look to pick that pone up too.

Other games in my recent pick up,
Monster Hunter Stories-3DS
Yo-Kai Watch-3DS
Yo-Kai Watch 2-3DS
Contact
Monster Tale

I will find it interesting just which one grabs my full attention.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

@retro junkie

It's the same game with a lot more story and a better resolution...

If you are going to play both you're doing it in the right order but the second is all of the first and then some.

targetrasp

Ghostbusters Remastered came out today as a Gamestop exclusive, I picked mine up and plan on playing some Saturday.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp how much is it?  For Playstation 4?

How is it?  You should make a topic on this. Multiplayer?

targetrasp

Went to play some games today and the tv started blinking. After tons of troubleshooting and expletives I realized either it was the power cord or something inside the television. Instead of pursuing further I went to best buy and bought a tv, just to figure out the dang thing didn't fit in my car.... I didn't get to play crap. I'll get the maintenance engineer to take a long lunch Monday and stick it in his truck..

Mai Valentine

I purchased Gears of War 5 since it was on sale, but I haven't started it yet since I still actually have to finish Gears of War 4.  ???

targetrasp

I bought a bunch of stuff that I probably wont get to -

Star wars jedi fallen order
bendy and the ink machine
tom Clancy's the division 2
Anthem (the legendary ? edition was 5 bucks, I know the game sucks)
Starlink (toys were 2 for pilots and 5 for ships, I bought all I could)
The Outer Worlds

My vacation was supposed to start this week and i'd purchased all this crap to fool around with, however my vacation was rescinded or at best truncated. I may be able to go in on Monday, fix a bunch of suff, put on our holiday party, and get the rest of the week to chill... here's hoping

CreepinDeth

I officially have over 900 titles on my Steam account. Still can't decide what to play.  :(

EDIT: Whoops, meant to post this in the First World Problems thread.

targetrasp

retro junkie

Quote from: CreepinDeth on December 17, 2019, 08:48:25 PM
I officially have over 900 titles on my Steam account. Still can't decide what to play.  :(

EDIT: Whoops, meant to post this in the First World Problems thread.

Such are the troubles of the modern gamer.   :)) Gone are the days when all you could afford was one game. And that one game you played to death until you saved your money for another one.
there is no spoon

Grindspine

Nier was and is awesome!  Since then I did get Modern Warfare, which you know.

I did get Renee an Asus Tuf laptop as well!

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Mai Valentine on November 30, 2019, 01:11:20 PM
I purchased Gears of War 5 since it was on sale, but I haven't started it yet since I still actually have to finish Gears of War 4.  ???
@Mai Valentine  I really want to buy Gears 5 for the PC... I just haven't done it yet.   I really like that you only need a silver account to play online with a PC.  That's an awesome move and is very attractive for pc gamers that don't really want to buy an Xbone.

@CreepinDeth 1st world problems lol  ;D  I have the same issues at times. 

I really haven't bought anything else gaming wise lately outside modern warfare.  I think we bought Luigi's Mansion 3... but that's about it.  My time has really be consumed with Super Mario Maker 2 and Modern Warfare.  Those 2 are enough and take so much of my time as it is... there is no time for anything else really.

targetrasp

I finished outerworlds (freaking great game) so I've started adding to the backlog again...

Steambot Chronicles - I've wanted this for years. I've watched eBay auctions on and off and this game goes 80 plus easy. Someone had an ebay auction for one that was in the low 50's so with about 9 seconds left I bid 77 bucks. The game ran up to 91. BINs on decent copies get listed for 90 to 120. a day later I found an $80 BIN that looked immaculate. I bought it. it's freaking the nicest game I have in my ps2 collection now. I'm thinking someone has had the book and cover reproduced because its shape for its age is too good. I'll have to research but I don't care, the disc alone can go for 80.

Lesser value but still awesome games I also picked up are Mario Maker for the wii u (I've got a copy but this one was in great shape for just a few dollars) The Witch and the Hundred Knight - Revival Edition (I really have a soft spot for Atlus games), Suikoden 4, The Gran Stream Saga, Kingdom Hearts, Grandia 1, 2, xenosaga episode 2, metal gear solid 3, and dawn of mana.

I've really been looking for a reason to refurb an old ps2 and maybe nows my chance. I've kept tons of ide drives and bought network adapters and fat ps2s every time I've seen them out so maybe I can play around with hd loader and skip out on some load times. I faintly remember someone figuring out how to get 1080i out of one but if that doesn't work out I've got a hd link cable that'll do 720p.

BLUEVOODU

I saw you playing outerworlds, @targetrasp Sounds like we need a topic on that one  ;D

Outside of Call of Duty... I have bought 0 games as of late.  I haven't had a chance to play because I've been trying to pass a test... grrrr...

Steambot Chronicles... the name is familiar from a long time ago... but I just cannot remember the game.  Those are pretty solid purchases on the rest!

targetrasp

Still looking for something to fill that outerwords hole...

I purchased Nier: Automata after listening to every person that's ever played it rave and it didn't grab me. I found fallout 76 and final fantasy XV for five bucks and picked those up as well. Neither are screaming play me...

While I was out I preordered the steelbook version of ff7 as the hype there has been gaining momentum. That may be my next big time sink. In the mean time I may look back at the Switch, I never finished breath of the wild or links awakening

BLUEVOODU

I still haven't bought anything since the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare... I have other stuff I need to cover right now.  However, I'm really jonesing for some more Lego games.    They're fun to play through.  On the list right now is the Lego Villains game.

you know who we haven't heard from for awhile - @Strubes !  and @MegaDrive20XX  -- what games have you bought lately or been into?

targetrasp

speaking of lego, we really need a new lego city undercover.. GTA Lego.... can't beat it

Mai Valentine

In this order:

Animal Crossing New Horizons
Octopath Traveler (it was half off on the eshop!)
Final Fantasy VII Remake

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 16, 2020, 11:08:15 PM
speaking of lego, we really need a new lego city undercover.. GTA Lego.... can't beat it
LOL... yes we do.

@Mai Valentine ... I really want Animal Crossing New Horizon.   I haven't bought anything ... I think... since Call of Duty Modern Warfare.  I've been on a no buying game kick... even though I really want New Horizon.  Right now, we are reduced at work... just being a little smarter with money right now.  Normally I'm buying any Animal Crossing 1st day.

targetrasp

yard sales have been hard to find with Covid fears, but I was able to get out to a few this last weekend and found some great stuff.

15 old school computer games and pristine copies of the lord of the rings dvds with those collectors cards in tack for 19 bucks (darkseed 2 and a ton of stars wars and star trek stuff was in there)

a 2ds in box for 20, a ds lite for 10, and a ton of ds and 3ds games for 2 bucks each. I found some mario games i was missing, pokemon x and y, and mario party ds

Most of the ds stuff is going (or already is on ebay) but I didn't have mario party ds, pokemon x, mario kart 7 in the red box, mario ds, and mario party ds, so they'll make their way into the collection. I'm still not sure what to do with the old school computer games but there's some cool stuff, star wars galaxies and darkseed would be fun to revisit.

Mai Valentine

I picked up the definitive Tales of Vesperia on Steam since it was on sale for $20.

BLUEVOODU

I ended up buying Psyvariar Delta for the Switch... it appears to be a decent Shmup:
https://www.chickendinnergaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=365.0

Less than $20 right now, I posted this up in the deals section:
https://www.chickendinnergaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=812.0

targetrasp

Bestbuy and Gamestop have had decent prices on recent stuff

in the last two weeks I picked up

Star Wars Squadrons - ps4
Ghost of Tsushima - ps4
Medievil - ps4
Death Stranding -ps4
Luigi's mansion 3 - switch
hasbro game night - switch

BLUEVOODU

Exactly!  I picked up Squadrons as well... and something else.    Now I forget.  Squadrons was $17

targetrasp

picking up Cyberpunk today

@BLUEVOODU Squadrons / COD this weekend if you can carve out some time!?