Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Post Your Worst Online Gaming Experiences

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 31, 2018, 10:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

What are the worst online gamine experiences you've had online?  Doesn't matter if it is steam, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, etc.  Post up your stories and what network.

I'll kick this off.  I was playing  Gears of War 3 online on Xbox Live.   I had a pretty crappy round - was doing well that day but dropped off hard for this match.  After the match, I received a "voice message" that I better never play Gears of War 3 again... and if they ran across me "something blah blah."  lol.   I didn't take it seriously... but it's like - WTH?!

We will also do a "best online gaming experience" thread as well... Post it up!

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

It was one of the iterations of Call of Duty. A long time friend and I always bought COD when it came out and we'd spend a few days blowing through the campaign then play multiplayer as many nights as we could find the time to get online. Neither of us are anywhere near professional caliber but we almost always did very well, and always won twice as much as we lost.

One call of duty on the 360 was the end of the two of us playing call of duty togeather and the last call of duty i played until ww2 came out. We played for 2 hours online and neither of us could get above 9 kills. We tried again days later, with similar luck. Both times there was no "hey man, gotta go, i'll see you later" it was more "$@#*, #$#$#, )$@#)($#, stupid )#$%R()ing (#*# followed by a controller hitting a wall and a rage quit. We tried again a few more times, on our own, neither faired much better. We both swore off Call of Duty after that.

WW2 is my first call of duty since and i've yet to take it online. I enjoyed the campaign so i'm scared playing online with ruien the game for me. To this day I don't think my friend has played another call of duty. I don't think he's bought a console since the 360. I do still see him on steam from time to time, playing everything but games like that.

Mai Valentine

Imagine being in Spartan armor that's identical to everyone else's Spartan armor and having someone say "You look good in red" because they realize you're a woman from voice chat, and then refusing to play the game correctly because they just want to follow you around and hit on you.

I had a lot of terrible experiences back in the days of Halo 2. Playing online games as a woman is truly an experience. I still avoid voice chat if I can help it.

targetrasp

It's noteworthy that females now make up the majority of gamers, thanks to apple and android devices becoming a gaming platform. Online is still pretty male dominated in our age bracket but my youngest son plays with a lot of girls and he plays everything from Minecraft to Rocket League, to Friday the 13th. It's funny, a 7 year old boy and a 7 year old girl sound so much alike, even to a 7 year old. He'll start off calling everyone dude and he gets corrected a lot, otherwise I'd have no idea who he was playing with.

I used to have a lot of fun with the boy's club notion in Halo 2. My friend and I would give our girlfriends the headset and let them act like airheads, all while we're top of the leader board. They loved it because they were toying with the fragile egos of the male gamer, and we loved it because we didn't get grief for ignoring our girlfriends. I must say, they got cussed at a whole lot more than they got hit on, but they definately got hit on.

It's funny too how these guys can shamelessly hit on a girl. They're only able to do it because they know they'll never see you and will never have any negative consequences to their actions. I'd bet only one or two in 25 actually has the guts to hit on a girl in real life, and fewer than that are able to benefit from it. 

mastermario

Quote from: targetrasp on April 21, 2018, 10:50:46 PM
One call of duty on the 360 was the end of the two of us playing call of duty togeather and the last call of duty i played until ww2 came out. We played for 2 hours online and neither of us could get above 9 kills. We tried again days later, with similar luck. Both times there was no "hey man, gotta go, i'll see you later" it was more "$@#*, #$#$#, )$@#)($#, stupid )#$%R()ing (#*# followed by a controller hitting a wall and a rage quit. We tried again a few more times, on our own, neither faired much better. We both swore off Call of Duty after that.

I'm 100% with you on this one. I don't know which CoD it was, but it was one or two games after Modern Warfare 2 where I had the same issue. I felt like I played MW2 online pretty well, but that next game I couldn't get more than a kill or two a game at most. I think the upgrades you get as you leveled your player online gave those guys an unfair advantage and I just couldn't compete early on. Wonder if it was Black Ops 1 or 2. I dunno. I feel ya though.

My worst online experiences were basically any Command & Conquer during and after Generals/Zero Hour. Their servers had this stupid mismatching glitch that would happen every 2-3 games (especially extended games) that would end the game and kick out all the players. Zero Hour was so fun and it was a shame the server made it so unplayable.

BLUEVOODU

That happened every time we would LAN as well. What I don't get is... generals worked for us no problem online.   Then after we played it successfully so many times, we hit the mismatch error.  And we hit it from then on out.... Via LAN or over Internet. 

That was extraordinarily frustrating.   Such a fun game too...

Aya-Kun

Quote from: Mai Valentine on April 23, 2018, 01:14:21 PM
Imagine being in Spartan armor that's identical to everyone else's Spartan armor and having someone say "You look good in red" because they realize you're a woman from voice chat, and then refusing to play the game correctly because they just want to follow you around and hit on you.

I had a lot of terrible experiences back in the days of Halo 2. Playing online games as a woman is truly an experience. I still avoid voice chat if I can help it.

Its not as bad as it used to be but I avoid using chat as much as possible unless I need to or are with friends. But guys are still dicks when they find out your female especially  if you do better than them XD I remember someone sending me a message on a Halo 3 game at the end saying 'frick my life carried by a girl' ya I got more than half the kills in total and we won but you would think his world has ended.

I did get a message recently from a couple of people when playing overwatch cause I didn't heal them correctly, frick it im not running in to danger when someone runs off on there own only to die!

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario sad face on the mismatch glitch ... still hurts lol.

@Aya-Kun I don't get why that ruins some people's gaming experience or why that would make them feel inferior. I know it's out there though. It is annoying. 

targetrasp

@Aya-Kun As much sexism as there is it still seems to pale in comparison to the love girl games seem to get now. My daughter subscribes to a lot of girl gamers' youtube channels and being a (semi) responsible parent requires me to research what my kids are watching. These people are worshipped. For every sexist comment there's a hundred "I love you" type comments.

And turn-about is fair play. With the political climate as it is the social justice warriors are after the white male, in everything from government to Hollywood. Maybe some places are further ahead than others but even in my little city we've not seen a male  mayor since 2005. There's some stragglers, but women are starting to get the respect they deserve.

BLUEVOODU

My daughter was playing Fort Nite the other day... and got a lucky kill on someone.   They wrote my PS4 account saying how !$#!@#! lucky we were and we were garbage.  LOL... it was a lucky kill.  BUT... I sent the person a crying baby emoticon and blocked them LOL  :))

Sucks to suck I guess. 

They were a smurf though... or something.   They had a low level account and only played Fort Nite.

targetrasp

Parker gets that crap all the time and just deletes it. Once he killed 3 or 4 with one trap he picked up as those same people had him dead to rights. It's like winning an all in hand with a straight you picked up off the river card. Complete luck but it's awesome when it happens and pisses off everyone else involved.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on July 23, 2018, 07:02:50 PM
Parker gets that crap all the time and just deletes it. Once he killed 3 or 4 with one trap he picked up as those same people had him dead to rights. It's like winning an all in hand with a straight you picked up off the river card. Complete luck but it's awesome when it happens and pisses off everyone else involved.
@targetrasp HAHA! Oh man... that's awesome.   Someone hit me with their trap a couple weeks ago.  I was pisssssedd off.   

I never seem to get anyone with my traps. I have a 10+ kills with them... but few and far between.

mastermario

Ya'll need to stop playing that crappy Fortnite thing. Tried it a couple times and hated it....really can't stand the build mechanics. The people that do that well absolutely demolish you.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: mastermario on July 26, 2018, 12:50:39 AM
Ya'll need to stop playing that crappy Fortnite thing. Tried it a couple times and hated it....really can't stand the build mechanics. The people that do that well absolutely demolish you.
@mastermario Once you have the building thing down... you can do the same thing.  My favorite though is when they build up and I plant about 3-4 sticky bombs and their structure and it all blows up at once... I try to throw a couple late bombs in there to kill the person as well. 

It's super happy good fun times when you sticky bomb someone LOL...  Game over.

Snatcher_L

Lol I wouldn't really call it worst but back when Marvel Vs Capcom 3 came out I was playing online against someone with a mic, I kept repeating the same combo as Haggar and spamming his headbutt that stuns. The dude was screaming since he could not touch me the entire match and was yelling that I was garbage and that I should kill myself and all that good stuff.

I beat him with a level 3 super and continued to lose my sides as I laughed.

I'm surprised he didn't just rage quit.  >:D

BLUEVOODU

Lol!   Ah that's satisfying.  It's like some of those moves in Super Street fighter 2 when you're playing someone too serious lol. Good times @Snatcher_L