Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Neo Geo AES - Does anyone still own one?

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 31, 2018, 04:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Own one and play it?   It looks like the Neo Geo AES market has gone through the roof in the last few years.  It has always been high (price wise)... but appears to be even higher.

With that said... is there anyone that still owns their Neo Geo AES?  IF so, what are you playing these days?  What got you into the Neo Geo?

Post it up!

retro junkie

Been my dream to own one with the games I would like to have. I had to settle for the  Neo Geo CD.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on March 31, 2018, 09:23:23 PM
Been my dream to own one with the games I would like to have. I had to settle for the  Neo Geo CD.
I hear you... I got into it a long time ago.  At today's priced... It's hard for a lot of people.  Plus with the games being offered on Steam (SNK Games on Steam) and other virtual platforms such as the switch (SNK games on the Nintendo Switch)

Even seeing the games now at $7.99, I think that's a bit high for "virtual" emulated games.   However, the format is pretty good on them.  Another topic will be created on these in the future.

I broke out the Neo Geo AES the other day... I think it's time to start covering the Neo Geo AES again.... played several games with a friend in town over Easter.  It was a good time, but the Neo Geo doesn't format extremely well on today's TV's.

The Neo Geo CD was no joke  - it had great sound and clarity of image was great!  I think we need another topic to cover that as well.

It seems the Neo Geo crowd has been dwindling - Hopefully we can gain more interest out there again.  I bought a few of the switch Nintendo shop titles recently... plan to cover those in the near future.

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

Practicality hit for just a minute and I let mine go. A piece of me died that day. I miss it but it was such a dust collector. I didn't play it enough. I would snag up another collection if I found it out in the wild for anything close to reasonable though.

retro junkie

I haven't played my Neo Geo CD in a while. I would probably get pwn very easily. Neo Geo games have a certain skill level of their own. I have my NG CD out. My cat seems to like pushing the button that opens the CD door occasionally.

Still have a few Neo Geo Pocket Colors and games. Portables are more my thing than consoles. I play it more often just for the fighters.  ;)

Still owning the AES or a consolized MVS would be very nice. Prices are just too out there for my pockets.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

Even the MVS stuff is getting a little harder to find. The prices don't seems to have spiked nearly as bad on those but there's a lot that's a pain trying to track down.

I had a one slot cab in my living room for years before things like kids and real furniture happened. I passed it on to my younger brother who was supposed to keep it safe for me, but the jerk sold it. I miss that too.

MegaDrive20XX

@BLUEVOODU No, I do not. After 2004? I stepped away from collecting Neo Geo AES and MVS. It really caused many financial issues for me when I was in my early 20's. Took me a great while to get out of debt because of my ignorance in excess spending back then.
Papa Retro

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp yeah... I still have a cab.. but I need a new board.    I really have been tempted to sell some of the pieces... but don't want to regret selling some of the stuff.

@retro junkie - I haven't broke mine out in forever... I used to play Windjammers and many games all the time on it... it was staple for years.   Since I've been studying and trying to achieve a few other objectives, I haven't been gaming as much.

@MegaDrive20XX - I know exactly what you mean... you're not alone. I didn't have those exact same problems, but I totally understand having a hard time passing up some of the deals I saw.  It was super easy to over extend and get caught up in the craziness that was the Neo Geo market back in the early 2000's.  It was an interesting time... something that I'm not sure will be experienced again.