Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

ChickenDinnerGaming.com Facebook Page?

Started by BLUEVOODU, April 05, 2018, 08:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Would everyone be interested if we starred up a ChickenDinnerGaming.com Facebook page? 

I figure at some point we will start one... then coordinate news stories between Facebook,  ChickenDinnerGaming.com forum, steam group, and discord... and what ever else we start up.   We could have exclusive content on those service, but the content we post should be coordinated to keep things somewhat consistent.

Definitely could use help with managing these services...  posting (heck posting here as well) and trying to invite old members from our old Facebook pages... plus working to get new members.... Ultimately new members to this site.

This is part of our future strategy to continue to grow our community and this site.

Hopefully there will be cool integration between all the sites and be able to post feeds here, etc.  We can already post Facebook posts here embedded like we can embed certain videos.

So feel free to test and embed Facebook posts on this site.

Kinikko

Yeah that would be cool and I wouldn't mind helping out with that in some way even.  :)
moo.

Jack

Yup, totally on board with Facebook. I'm on Facebook quite frequently and I admin a couple of large groups so if you need any help just let me know!

BLUEVOODU

Awesome @Jack and @Kinikko (I still keep writing Aleeock...)  - We will definitely get this underway.     Thank you (in advance) for your help with this.

Thinking about a Google+ and a couple other type pages as well.

mastermario

Facebook is always a good backup in case you sell us out again. :)

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: mastermario on May 07, 2018, 10:43:38 PM
Next time, I'm just going to sell @mastermario and keep the site lol  ;D

I think we will push this forward in the next 30 days.

Jack

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on May 08, 2018, 06:48:38 PM
Quote from: mastermario on May 07, 2018, 10:43:38 PM
Next time, I'm just going to sell @mastermario and keep the site lol  ;D

I think we will push this forward in the next 30 days.

Excellent. Facebook is probably the best way to reach out to people since it's the largest social network ever.

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario @Kinikko @Jack   --> I talked to Mastermario a little about the old Facebook page.  He suggested we rebrand the old page and make it CDG.  We will remove off all old entries of the old site... as well as change ALL branding to the current site.

Or do you think it makes more sense to start a new one?  @mastermario thought it's best just to use the old and move forward.

Ideas for the new Facebook page:
1.)  Need to establish website links (https://www.chickendinnergaming.com)... as well as Discord group web links directly from FB page... and Steam group links.  THEN Interlink this website, STeam group to the FB page as well.  This is important for starting to generate more traffic and relevance.
2.)  Post up events - where we get others together and play games - Advertise on boards and facebook... linking to both.  Maybe linking to Steam group as well.
3.)  Posts of the week...  where you all would take a forum discussion and try to get discussions started at FB and link back to the forums for integrated discussion.  Might be best to have the discussions here and link to FB.
4.)  There are some mods for the forums that would allow us to RSS feed the FB posts here and they would post here as well...
5.)  There might be a way to SSI into Facebook - I need to look into this.  If so, we can post the last "X" number of posts links on Facebook as well.  Would be cool if we could do this automatically.

I might use our master login to post some stuff to the FB page as well.  I just don't use FB anymore personally.

Thoughts?  Let's post them up and coordinate.  I Will rely on you 3 for pushing forward FB.

BLUEVOODU

mastermario

@BLUEVOODU  I'm still good with doing that, assuming you can get this place going again first before we "rebrand" it all haha.

Jack

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on July 25, 2018, 10:48:50 PM
@Jack and @mastermario - What say you?

I think rebranding the old one would work if we, as you said, removed all the old posts and made sure it was CDG only. I am still 100% game for this.

BLUEVOODU

@Jack, @mastermario  --> I will contact you both.  I tried texting @mastermario last night. 

I agree with your suggestions @Jack ... and as long as the URL and everything will show ChickenDinnerGaming.  I would like to get back on the page and check a few things out as well.

Personally... I haven't used Facebook in .............. 4-5 years.  I quit the habit. Hopefully I can sign into the EGA page and not have to re-open my account.  Not sure that's possible.

mastermario

Or you can just friggin re-open your account and stop being a whiny baby about it. :)

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario  lol... suck it Mario.

I Think we are going to move forward with a new Facebook page.

There are a couple decisions in play right now dealing with development of the site... the current ideas for this site plus more.   

mastermario

Quote from: Jllmak09 on May 27, 2019, 06:11:44 AM
That will be really cool. Thanks for the details. I am also willing to start promoting my new business on Facebook and feeling a little confused about which method I should opt for. Have got a couple of suggestions for running the paid ads. Was just wondering if you can help me to find out the best *LINKY*  team.

Congrats on your new business! I would love to check it out. Please send me an e-mail at bluevoodu@chickendinnergaming.com.

BLUEVOODU

retro junkie

there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie it did not. There were a couple others with the same name...  I'm working on a few things right now.  Trying to figure out a few directions.    More on that to come.