Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Master Chief Collection - Xbox One

Started by BLUEVOODU, April 07, 2018, 08:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

In Kinikko's thread for Xbox One Exploration she mentioned the Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One.

I originally planned a topic for this awhile back... so here is the www.chickendinnergaming.com Master Chief Collection Xbox One thread.

How is this game now?  I know for awhile it had many issues... many multiplayer issues as well.  Are they all fixed?  Is there a community still playing this game?

Thoughts?  Comments?  Post it up!

Kinikko

I never played it until like now so I don't know if there were issues that were fixed or whatnot. I did hear about horrible multiplayer when it launched but I don't have Live to test that out.
moo.

targetrasp

I'd love to play halo 2 multiplayer again

Mai Valentine

I had it but now I can't remember if I traded it in or not. Whoops!

Really, I'd just love to play ODST again and I don't remember if that's on the Master Chief Collection or not.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Kinikko on April 08, 2018, 02:31:05 PM
I never played it until like now so I don't know if there were issues that were fixed or whatnot. I did hear about horrible multiplayer when it launched but I don't have Live to test that out.

well crap...

@mastermario Do you still play this online?   Any of them?  Or is it pretty much dead now?

Quote from: Mai Valentine on April 16, 2018, 07:57:34 PM
Really, I'd just love to play ODST again and I don't remember if that's on the Master Chief Collection or not.
@Mai Valentine   -  @mastermario @SpartanEvolved @Grindspine  and I finished this during a LAN many years ago... it was pretty fun.  But I found ODST to be doing the same thing every quest.  Run somewhere.  Fight same enemies (exact same)... collect said thing.  Rinse, repeat.  But it was fun to do this during the LAN.   I don't renew my Live membership anymore... and haven't turned my 360 on in... forever.

Quote from: targetrasp on April 08, 2018, 08:52:59 PM
I'd love to play halo 2 multiplayer again

That would be awesome to Get a Chickendinnergaming session going with Halo2  ;D  I still want to get one going with Diablo 3....

targetrasp

I've talked myself out of the master chief collection so many times. I've been in Gamestop 3 times this week. Each time I've picked the game up, walked to the check out, and put it back down. Its still 30 ish with the discount for something that gamers aren't playing anymore. If it hits 20 i'll snag it.

Jack

I actually purchased the Master Chief collection 500 GB Xbone bundle initially from Amazon but the console was defective so I had to send it back and I decided to get the Gears of War 1TB edition instead. BUT, I had already downloaded the Master Chief collection on my profile so I still got to keep it. :D I jump on it every now and again when I'm feeling nostalgic (mainly for Halo 3).

mastermario

Master Chief Collection was fun but Spartan and I stopped playing it because of the online issues and never circled back to it. Probably should.

Still have Halo 5 in a box I haven't opened, too. :(

The part that sucked about ODST was running around in that stupid city forever. The missions and the story were good and fun and I liked the idea behind the whole campaign; thought it was unique.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp @mastermario @Jack Does that mean the game is no longer played online?  IE still an online Presence?

targetrasp

I can't find anything recent talking about it... EOY 2017 people were talking about having to wait between 0 and 8 minutes for more common playlists (team slayer?)

The game will be 4 years old this november and has a later game in the series out... but I've seen Call of Duty games supported longer...

I'd be willing to try mcc and / or halo 5

Jack

@BLUEVOODU  You can still find games online. I'll hop on the Halo 3 playlist from time to time and I can usually find games.

targetrasp

looks like there's a planned update that'll bring the master chief collection to utilize xboxonex's 4k and hdr capabilities as well as upgrade matchmaking.

i'll likely pick up this collection now, as well as halo 5, if for nothing else just to get caught up.

Jack

Quote from: targetrasp on May 11, 2018, 08:21:17 AM
looks like there's a planned update that'll bring the master chief collection to utilize xboxonex's 4k and hdr capabilities as well as upgrade matchmaking.

i'll likely pick up this collection now, as well as halo 5, if for nothing else just to get caught up.

Halo 5 multiplayer is really not that bad, it's actually pretty fun.

targetrasp

I just picked up both the MC Collection and Halo 5. I'm installing everything on the XBONE and will be messing around with it tonight if anyone wants to join me.

targetrasp

Playing through the campaign is pretty fun. Halo CE came out when I only had a ps2, so it got skipped. There's a decent story behind the campaign if you don't skip through it.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Jack on May 10, 2018, 07:42:25 PM
@BLUEVOODU  You can still find games online. I'll hop on the Halo 3 playlist from time to time and I can usually find games.
@Jack and @targetrasp  guhghfhf.   I'm starting to want to buy this again. Stop it lol.

targetrasp

mastermario

Quote from: targetrasp on May 11, 2018, 04:24:37 PM
I just picked up both the MC Collection and Halo 5. I'm installing everything on the XBONE and will be messing around with it tonight if anyone wants to join me.

No joke, I'll play through the Halo 5 campaign with you if you haven't started it yet.

Kinikko

Find it embarassing that I still haven't even played Halo 5 despite having the Halo 5 edition Xbone.
moo.

mastermario

Want to join our campaign run? Haha.

Kinikko

You probably have to have XBL to play co-op don't you?  I have no $$$ at the moment.  Like I just got paid today and legit only have like $15 to get me through the next 2 weeks.  x.x
moo.

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on May 15, 2018, 09:30:45 PM
buy it. backlog it.
@targetrasp  I don't have an Xbone... and I doubt I can get myself to buy one .... especially right now.

mastermario

Quote from: targetrasp on May 16, 2018, 10:08:07 PM
@mastermario

I'm down. pick a weekend and we'll do it

Maybe the 2nd or the 9th of June? Will let you know. :)

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario @targetrasp Did you do a campaign run?  If so... how did it go?

targetrasp

muhahaha, it was wishful thinking...

I'll be glad to do it with someone, sometime its just gotta be solid. i'm out of xbox live codes, i'll have to start paying for it again.

mastermario

Quote from: targetrasp on July 18, 2018, 11:48:39 PM
muhahaha, it was wishful thinking...

I'll be glad to do it with someone, sometime its just gotta be solid. i'm out of xbox live codes, i'll have to start paying for it again.

Naw, I'm still in. :)  Lots of stuff going on lately, but let me know if you renew your Xbox Live and I'll try my best to make it a priority!

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario @targetrasp @Jack @Kinikko - Circling back to this topic... did any of you pick up the Master Chief Collection any time recently?

I'm wondering how the online servers are at this point... if there are many people playing still... or if it died off.  I'm still tempted to buy an Xbox One for this game... but probably won't due to lake of time lately.

targetrasp

Buying one just for halo would be a colossal waste without a pretty active group playing with you. There's also not enough exclusive to justify owning ps4 and xbox one unless that's just your thing. Mine hasn't spun a game up in months. It's been downgraded to a 4k bluray player.