Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Favorite 80's Toy / Cartoon

Started by targetrasp, April 11, 2018, 12:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelBob

I liked Micromachines, also Lego, but I lived by a swamp and woods so we played outside a lot!
I liked the Weird Al Show lol I think it was only one season but it was hilarious.

CreepinDeth

I forgotten about Micro Machines. I don't know why but I enjoy miniature version of things. I remember there were TMNT mini figures and playsets that were self contained in bigger TMNT figures. It was like Mighty Max/Polly Pocket. But those were in the '90's.

Even though I was born in the early '80's, I think the '90's is where I really started to enjoy toys and cartoons more. I honestly don't remember what I liked back then other than Voltron.

Grindspine

Besides Legos, Transformers, and G.I. Joes, I cannot remember if the TMNT blimp was still eighties or if it was after 1990.

For pure eighties, the Dinobots win.

targetrasp

Christmas took me down the 80's rabbit hole again thanks to my daughter asking for a skate board...

I bought trucks, bearings, wheels, grip tape, and several decks and her and I put together a few. In looking for parts I stumbled upon some Vision decks inspired by some iconic 80's designs. I found the Psycho Stick and the MG on Amazon for 70 each. It took everything I had not to buy them both if for nothing else but to hang on the wall in my office.

This of course reminded me of my old psycho stick as well as the slew of bmx bikes I had, starting with an Invader (I think my iteration was a Murry or Magna made for Western Auto (branded Western Flyer I think) and the pogo bal. I freaking loved the pogo bal. we'd jump off the deck of my tree house with those stupid things.

oh the 80s had some of the best toys

AngelBob

We had an Intellivision, some great games on there!

Also an Atari computer, it had tons of games...Pole Position, Joust, Realm of Impossibility...and my most hated game of all time, Digdug. 

I'm pretty sure this is the one we had:

targetrasp

I didn't get a computer until the tandy 286 radio shack sold...

At one point I can remember really wanting an Atari xl and a commodore 64 but at the time they were just so far out of reach. I didn't even get the Tandy retail, I mowed yards for an engineer as a kid and he'd bought a 386 with a really early version of windows and gave me his old computer.

targetrasp

I found a Cobra Rattler in Goodwill for 2 bucks. It's missing some parts but the wings and landing gear works and is in great condition. I thought about restoring it by buying parts on ebay but holy crap i'm better selling it's part off and buying a complete one..

I loved the GI Joe Planes as a kid and this was one of the greatest.

BLUEVOODU

lol @AngelBob  - Nice post on the video. lol... I never really had the intellivision.  I had an Odyssey II as a kid... I think it was.

I found a bunch of old Star Wars toys... pieces and parts.  I'm looking to maybe part with them .... but need to figure out values and what not.

@targetrasp the GI Joe planes were awesome.  I have one of the originals... the Gray F14.  It's beaten up pretty bad.   I also had the black F14 as well.

targetrasp

I never did have the f14 but I got a lot of the later stuff. Fond memories for sure

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp  - I can't say I remember the cobra rattler.  I really only remember the f14... and then the aircraft carrier thst was huge!  That was cool but absolutely huge

targetrasp

the USS Flagg -- that thing was a monster.

My family couldn't buy it BUT years later when all the rich kids didn't have room for it anymore you could find it at yardsales pretty regularly. Mom found one that was just the carrier desk and got it for me. that thing had to stand upright in my closet or store under my bed, there was no where else for it.

BLUEVOODU

That thing was mammoth.  I remember the HUGE box in this toy store called Children's palace (long gone).   I mean... back then, most kids didn't even have the room to store it.   Our house was a bit smaller as a kid.. I had plenty of toys and stuff, but I'm not sure there would be a place for the massive aircraft carrier.    It was still pretty cool lol