Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Sega Ages Series - Any chance we will see them on the Playstation 4?

Started by BLUEVOODU, April 14, 2018, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Back in the PS2 days.. we had Sega Ages.  We haven't really seen anything like that on the Playstation 3 or 4 - is there a likelihood that something like it will be released?  OR will it all be digital now?

Do you think or would you like remastered versions if possible?

Thoughts? Comments?  Post it up!

targetrasp

I've continually had to stop myself from buying the newest atgames sega genesis model 1 looking console PRAYING this will come to the ps4.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on April 23, 2018, 10:06:11 PM
I've continually had to stop myself from buying the newest atgames sega genesis model 1 looking console PRAYING this will come to the ps4.
LOL... You've been able to avoid it so far!  But cannot avoid it forever.

I'm surprised we never saw anything like this on PS3.  I remember customers would ask for the PS2 version quite a bit.  The used copies flowed pretty well... although they weren't super popular.

I wonder if we'll see these on PS4 at all... or if the Ps2 releases are it... or if they'll just be PSN store downloads and that's it.

Strubes

Can't say I know that one off hand, but I do know a Sega Mega Collection of 50+ Genesis games is coming this month!

targetrasp

Sega Genesis Classics will release for the Xbone or PS4 May 29th for 29.99 and if you preorder from GS you'll get a double sided poster featuring Golden Axe and Streets of Rage.

It looks like everything I bought off of Steam several years ago... no real reason for me to jump on it other the convenience.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Strubes on May 17, 2018, 11:26:12 PM
Can't say I know that one off hand, but I do know a Sega Mega Collection of 50+ Genesis games is coming this month!
@Strubes Is this a console release?!?  IE HD support and all?

@targetrasp Is that the 50+ Genesis collection Strubes is talking about?  IF so... that would be very tempting...

Strubes

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on May 22, 2018, 10:29:53 PM
Quote from: Strubes on May 17, 2018, 11:26:12 PM
@Strubes Is this a console release?!?  IE HD support and all?

@targetrasp Is that the 50+ Genesis collection Strubes is talking about?  IF so... that would be very tempting...

Yep! I'm getting it on PS4. It's $27.

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

Old topic resurrection.

@targetrasp PSO multiplayer?

@Strubes Any links for this?   I took a little and didn't see a title.

targetrasp

I want the magic that was phantasy star online to come to the next gen stuff and be as fun as it was on the dreamcast. There continues to be whispers of a Switch version that just doesn't seem to want to come to fruition.