Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Avengers Inifinity War - Who's seen it, Going to see it... and pumped to see it?

Started by BLUEVOODU, April 27, 2018, 01:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

We are headed there in the VERY near future  ;D  I'm pumped to see the movie... looks like it's getting good reviews.  The trailers look Great!   I hear Josh Brolin (Goonies - HEEYYYY YOUUU gguyysssss) is Thanos?  That's pretty crazy.

Of course, I'm not reading anything into the movie... and mind your spoilers if you post :D

Post it up!

medataoh

I've already bought my ticket for tonight. It's going to be great, I think  8)

targetrasp

I'm following my normal preorder the steel book - save the 70 bucks it'd take in tickets and food to take my two kids and myself...

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: medataoh on April 27, 2018, 04:19:07 PM
I've already bought my ticket for tonight. It's going to be great, I think  8)
@medataoh so what did you think?

I thought it was an awesome movie. Well done!  I'd like to go see it again. I really need to catch up on many of the older movies. Watch them all in a weekend lol.

@targetrasp yeah... I hear you on that! But there are some movies I have to go see. Normally see movies like this in imax.   No concessions this time!

retro junkie

I am undecided at this point. I will let the crowds die down before we go, if we do. I usually see only Marvel movies at the theater over the last bunch of years. Depends on the movie though. I have gotten the habit of waiting for the DVD/Blu ray. My wife and I can get the Senior discount now.  But still it doesn't beat the price of purchasing the movie with the ability of rewatching.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie yeah... we do that with most movies. There's a select few - Star Wars, marvel movies....  Etc.... That we go to see.

I personally really enjoy imax movies. But they are pricey.  I definitely want to see this movie again. We didn't see Thor ragnarok before hand... but ended up buying it the day after lol.   Ah I wish I saw it before hand now.  That was such a good movie too.

Mai Valentine

I saw it last night! There's a lot going on in it! I don't want to spoil it but I'll say, it definitely leaves me wanting part 2 to come out already.

Jack

I've seen it twice now and I personally loved it. I've always loved the comedy in the Avengers movies and this one definitely continued the tradition in that regard. It was pretty emotional towards the end though.

Aya-Kun

I've seen it now and I loved it <3 totally didn't feel like it was that long even though I think its about 2hrs 40 as it keeps you engrossed all the way to the end

Unfortunately I had already had it spoiled for me =/ before I went to see it but even knowing didn't make it any easier to watch

mastermario

I love it as well and I luckily avoided the spoilers. Debating whether or not to see it again. I'm happy that they finally made one where it doesn't all completely work out for the heroes (even though I'm sure almost all of it will be reversed at some point).

Baker_Beezy

So I saw it over the weekend and let me just tell you that I was quite mad at all that. But it was a very good movie.

BLUEVOODU

@Baker_Beezy mad that your had it spoiled?

@Aya-Kun and baker - I was able to know what was going on and would happened without spoilers. I still enjoyed immensely....  But my own brain spoiled it - just wasn't sure who all would bite it.

@mastermario I want to see it again...  maybe this weekend.  Too bad movie crew is no more - @SpartanEvolved and @Grindspine

Kinikko

I haven't been spoiled yet and have avoided anything even remotely related to it.  Hell I still haven't even seen Black Panther yet. XD  I just don't have the $$$ to go see stuff in theaters anymore.
moo.

CreepinDeth

Loved it but it's hard to rank it or have a full opinion of it.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Because it's actually a two part movie. I don't know why it got changed from Avengers Infinity War Pt.1 but I can't really see it as a stand alone movie. Other than that, was great.

mastermario

Quote from: Kinikko on May 08, 2018, 10:28:05 PMHell I still haven't even seen Black Panther yet. XD  I just don't have the $$$ to go see stuff in theaters anymore.

Still in theaters I think. You should look into MoviePass. Or a local dollar theater if ya'll still have those. :)

targetrasp

Gentrification has gotten rid of all the dollar theaters in my area.

Kinikko

Quote from: mastermario on May 10, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Quote from: Kinikko on May 08, 2018, 10:28:05 PMHell I still haven't even seen Black Panther yet. XD  I just don't have the $$$ to go see stuff in theaters anymore.

Still in theaters I think. You should look into MoviePass. Or a local dollar theater if ya'll still have those. :)

We only have 1 regular theater and a drive in.  We used to have like 6 other ones around but they all went out of business. 
moo.

Icy

I saw it and really liked it for the most part. It was dark and more intense than most other Marvel movies, and I love that they finally had a villain who didn't pull any punches. That was awesome. The jokes and stuff were spread out and done well, which I liked better than Guardians 2 or Civil War because those movies had really forced, out-of-place jokes every 5 seconds and took away from my enjoyment of the actual films...

Like others have said, it definitely feels way too much like a 2 part movie, but without the "part 1" attached to the title anymore I was expecting more closure towards the end.

Also Tom Holland's performance as Spider-Man is amazing and had me tearing up towards the end when you know what happens.

Super excited to see what comes next though. I've always been a huge Marvel comics & movie nerd.

mastermario

Quote from: Icy on May 11, 2018, 04:00:43 PM
The jokes and stuff were spread out and done well, which I liked better than Guardians 2 or Civil War because those movies had really forced, out-of-place jokes every 5 seconds and took away from my enjoyment of the actual films...

Did you see the most recent Thor movie? Curious on your thoughts about the humor in that one.

Kinikko

Finally saw Black Panther, so feel like I can see Infinity War now.  XD  I'm not sure when I'll see it though.
moo.

Icy

Quote from: mastermario on May 13, 2018, 02:20:07 AM
The jokes and stuff were spread out and done well, which I liked better than Guardians 2 or Civil War because those movies had really forced, out-of-place jokes every 5 seconds and took away from my enjoyment of the actual films...

Did you see the most recent Thor movie? Curious on your thoughts about the humor in that one.

I saw it and enjoyed it, yeah. There were a few jokes here and there that were kinda dumb, but it was really good overall!
That's my #1 pet peeve with movies, though. I hate it when there's a dramatic scene and it's ruined by a stupid joke, like... there's no need to have comedic relief during every scene, especially the serious ones.

I had that problem with Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I loved the first 3, though the 2nd one especially (I know that's an unpopular opinion haha), but the 4th one couldn't have a serious moment without an out-of-place joke. That's the worst.

OK I'm done with my kinda off-topic ranting haha

Kinikko

Just saw it in IMAX today and absolutely loved it.  I am confused to why they decided to take the pt1 out of the title, and I'm not surprised to find out some people that saw it with me did not understand what was going on and why it had the kind of ending it did. 

I do have to say that

Also Tom Holland's performance as Spider-Man is amazing and had me tearing up towards the end when you know what happens.

I 100% agree with you on this.  That was absolutely heart-wrenching.
moo.

Polygon

Haven't seen it, but planning to go. I was saying that if they don't play Dust in the Wind by Kansas during the credits, it am going to be upset.

BLUEVOODU

@Kinikko imax is the way to do it too... was great!

@Icy lol... you had to love the squidward joke lol. 

@BlastMode7 - do eeett now.  go now!  I'm hoping to see it again very soon. I saw Thor Ragnarok  ... I wish I saw that before Infinity war.