Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Sony - PS Vita - Who has one and still plays?

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 08, 2018, 12:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I still consider the PS Vita current gen... games are still being made for it... but it appears to be mostly downloads.

Who has one and still plays it?   I dig the format... and you can send PSN messages and get regular trophies on the go.  IT's definitely been my go to gaming device lately.

Kinikko

I cry for the Vita.  It is legit my favorite portable console of all time.  I so wish that Sony hadn't given up on it like they did. 
moo.

retro junkie

I still occasionally pick it up, just to game. I use to use it all the time but they killed it for me. There have been so many of the apps discontinued which kept me glued to it. Which is strange for me. I normally love a game dedicated console. But with the Vita I somehow accepted it as a multi use entertainment device. And I kept it with me all the time.
One of the apps I really loved was Ustream.
The game I have in it right now is Injustice.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Which apps?   

I only ever used it for gaming, messaging friends list... and occasionally a quick web browser to look up PS Vita Trophies.

retro junkie

Apps like,
Youtube
Playstation Live
Facebook
Ustream
Seems like there was a few others that were canceled with each update, ended support as an explanation.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

ah ... I See.  I don't know what playstation live was.   I must've been out of it somewhat on these apps.

I always went to the YOUTUBE.com webpage instead of using the app.  I have the app on the PS4... but honestly, it's just as easy going to the web page.

retro junkie

Playstation Live was a very good app. You could watch people play games and you could follow, rate them, and chat. The screen had a section on the right side for chatting. You had to create an account in order to participate. The gamers could include themselves in the picture or just the game they were playing. It was streaming straight to your Vita. For me, it was just fun meeting and seeing how gamers around the world lived and played their games. There was one artist I enjoyed watching them as they drew anime and manga characters. The streaming was from peoples PS4. 
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Ah... ok... I think I recall that.  So they totally killed off the app now?

The streaming was from the PS4 with camera... but then you would just watch with the Vita on Playstation Live?

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more