Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

N64 classic

Started by Jack, May 10, 2018, 07:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

With the popularity and high demand of the NES/SNES classic systems, do you think Nintendo will continue the trend with an N64 classic?

I personally think so but I think the N64 classic is where they will stop, since the Gamecube is where things become less retro and they are disc formatted (and still able to play on Wii systems). I foresee it being about $149.99 and including gems like Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium, and many more timeless classics. Do you think it will happen and if so what games do you think they'll include?!

Kinikko

I wasn't so excited for NES and SNES classic, but OMFG would I be hyped for an N64 classic.  I would totally pay $150 for that. 

I'm not so sure they would do it though.  We'll have to see what they plan on doing with the Switch. 
moo.

targetrasp

pick a handful of rare titles, add a handful of Mario titles, add three more games and BAM n64 classic...

Icy

I sure wish they would make an N64 Classic like the others. The games to include are pretty much no-brainers.

I thought it was really cool that they finally released Star Fox 2 after all these years for the SNES Classic. Blew my mind.
I wonder if they might could find some games that were lesser-known or maybe even never released in the US or something, to include on the N64 Classic as well?

Honestly, instead of an N64 Classic, I wish they would do an HD remake of Mario 64 (or Sunshine pleaaaasee) since they've done it with a few games lately (mainly Zelda games, which have been fantastic) so why not give some other games the same treatment? That would be rad.

targetrasp

I'd assumed Mario 64 was already remade in HD, but alas, all there is is Super Mario 64 DS from 14 years ago

Jack

Quote from: Icy on May 11, 2018, 04:09:48 PM
I sure wish they would make an N64 Classic like the others. The games to include are pretty much no-brainers.

I thought it was really cool that they finally released Star Fox 2 after all these years for the SNES Classic. Blew my mind.
I wonder if they might could find some games that were lesser-known or maybe even never released in the US or something, to include on the N64 Classic as well?

Honestly, instead of an N64 Classic, I wish they would do an HD remake of Mario 64 (or Sunshine pleaaaasee) since they've done it with a few games lately (mainly Zelda games, which have been fantastic) so why not give some other games the same treatment? That would be rad.

I fully support an HD remaster of Mario 64 considering the only other release they've ever had was Mario 64 DS, which was pretty neat. And yes Mario Sunshine DEFINITELY needs an HD remaster for the Switch. That game is art in its purest form.

mastermario

Meh. I still have two working N64s with mostly new controllers and I've found a way to hook it up to my projector, so I don't really have a need for a classic version.

Jack

Quote from: mastermario on May 16, 2018, 12:42:45 AM
Meh. I still have two working N64s with mostly new controllers and I've found a way to hook it up to my projector, so I don't really have a need for a classic version.

I just wanna play my N64 favorites in HD, man.

BLUEVOODU

I agree @Jack   it would be cool to see HD versions.  But those may be better off on the switch with HD remaster.  Ie call it the 64 remastered collection. 

Then we could have hd, portable, and console versions on 1 console.

Then again... they probably would charge like $20+ per game. That would be the draw back. I probably would pay that for a remastered blast corps. 

CreepinDeth

Quote from: Jack on May 17, 2018, 07:47:31 PM
I just wanna play my N64 favorites in HD, man.

I highly recommend an emulator then. It actually renders the games in higher resolutions rather than upscaling like the (S)NES Classic.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on May 17, 2018, 09:38:55 PM

I highly recommend an emulator then. It actually renders the games in higher resolutions rather than upscaling like the (S)NES Classic.

@CreepinDeth You know... it may be a cool topic to start explaining the difference.  If you do, setup some links and link back to this article as well - just a suggestion.  you don't have to :)

CreepinDeth

Not a bad idea. I might do that this weekend when I get some more time.

BLUEVOODU

@Icy How is Star Fox 2?  I think we need a Star Fox 2 topic... this is something I wanted to explore for awhile.

Sunshine Remake would be awesome... I'd be down for that NOW.

Considering HDMI mods can put a N64 in the $400 range (not sure if pricing has come down now)...  I would be down for an N64 classic.  It would be nice for HD remakes of some of the games.  The resolution of N64 on todays screens... it's just not workable... and ugly.  You really need an older CRT to enjoy.  The HMDI mods I've seen for the N64 really bring out the brightness and colors - night and day difference.  If they did this with the N64 classic... it would be perfect.

Jack

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on August 02, 2018, 11:03:13 AM

@Icy How is Star Fox 2?  I think we need a Star Fox 2 topic... this is something I wanted to explore for awhile.

Sunshine Remake would be awesome... I'd be down for that NOW.

Considering HDMI mods can put a N64 in the $400 range (not sure if pricing has come down now)...  I would be down for an N64 classic.  It would be nice for HD remakes of some of the games.  The resolution of N64 on todays screens... it's just not workable... and ugly.  You really need an older CRT to enjoy.  The HMDI mods I've seen for the N64 really bring out the brightness and colors - night and day difference.  If they did this with the N64 classic... it would be perfect.

I honestly thought about getting the modded N64 because it looks SO much better in HDMI output. I don't know if you've seen the videos on Youtube about it but it is crazy good looking.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more