Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Bloodstained: Curse of the it's really not Castlevania...

Started by Grindspine, May 27, 2018, 03:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

Wow...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/838310/Bloodstained_Curse_of_the_Moon/

This is the worst Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse imitation that I have seen.  It would have had potential in 1989 if it were by Konami...  Maybe it appeals to some retro fans.  Thoughts?

targetrasp

It's on my wish (eventual backlog) list!

Playing as Alfred looks like it'd be cheating...

Grindspine

Bloodstained Ritual has been in the works for so long.  I really hope that it does not flop.  It has been far too long since a solid Konami Castlevania (Metroidvania) game has made an appearance on a full console rather than a handheld system.

BLUEVOODU

@Grindspine I added this to my wishlist as well.  It looks really cool.   

Are you sure it's really not Castlevania? lol.

BLUEVOODU

Has anyone else purchased this game?   you know.. I've seen many ads for it... it really does look cool.   It's that bad @Grindspine ?  SOme of the screenshots at the Steam store look a lot like something out of Castlevania 1 ... or 3.

The reviews are overwhelmingly positive... which is encouraging.

Grindspine

From what I have read since the original post, the game was developed by Iga, the same guy who had worked on Symphony of the Night and Lament of Innocence.  So, it is by a former Konami employee who had a deep history with the Castlevania series, but came into it after the NES era.  Bloodstained Ritual has been on my radar for a long time, but the extremely lengthy development time has left me with lowered expectations.

Grindspine

Looks like there is an official release date for the Switch and it is listed on Steam as well!