Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Started by mastermario, April 15, 2019, 11:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastermario

Anyone ever play this? I love this game. There are 8 very long and good campaigns (four are "good guy" characters and four are not). Lots of character growth and customization for both yourself and your AI "companions", hunting if you want, and even multiplayer campaigns and modes if you wish.

There is a free version that can really get you as far as you want although sometimes you'll be limited in amount of items you can carry and whatnot. Definitely good enough to at least try the game and see what you think, anyway.

I beat one of the campaigns solo which took me weeks and @Grindspine and I were working through a different campaign a while ago.  Seeing the new Star Wars trailer makes me wanna get back into it haha.

targetrasp

I completely skipped over it when it was popular and always regretted it. If the opportunity presents itself i'd jump in.

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario - Wasn't this a single player MMORPG type game though?  Or did they add Multiplayer Campaigns later on?  I always heard this game was good... but the single player only aspect kept me away from it.

Maybe I was wrong.. but I thought it was single player.

mastermario

I'm not aware of it having always been single player only but it didn't stop me before because the campaigns are great. It's been multiplayer as long as I've had it though which is 4-5 years.

Would definitely start a new char if you guys are interested in trying it out.

BLUEVOODU

I might try it out in the near future, @mastermario ... I need to get these next few tests completed.  It sounds fun.

The free version is legit?

I think I'm thinking of KOTOR - Knights of the Old Republic.   Or that the same thing you are referring to?

mastermario

The free version is fine. You get full access to the campaign and quests but are a little limited with some things like customization and inventory.

Nothing like KOTOR. This is a MMORPG. Enormous worlds, tons of side quests. You should go ahead and download it at least.

mastermario

Quote from: targetrasp on April 16, 2019, 08:32:33 PM
I completely skipped over it when it was popular and always regretted it. If the opportunity presents itself i'd jump in.

Download it buddy! Let's try it out this week.

targetrasp

mastermario

Wanna play some, @targetrasp? I'll be in the discord if you want to chat.

targetrasp

my play time will be relegated to the weekends for at least this week and next. Ownership is in town making my work days pretty long.

mastermario

mastermario

May be free in a few hours if you wanna try it today @targetrasp.

targetrasp

Sorry @mastermario, had some work things pop up, had to cover some shifts, now am having to recruit... I'll not be able to do much until I get a position filled.

mastermario

Haha no worries. Keep me posted. Next week and the week after I'll be sitting on my ass because I'm between jobs so I'll have plenty of time haha.

targetrasp

Is there anything I need to do before we start playing?

Some games have a lengthy intro or character creation period before you can start playing with someone else, I'd hate for that to be the case and spend the first hour(s) making someone wait.

mastermario

Yeah, you'll have to create a character and pick from one of the 8 campaign tracks. Tell me which one your thinking so I can create a new one in the same faction (light vs dark). There may be a short 30-60 minute intro you have to do because we may briefly start on different planets before it let's us travel. But I don't mind helping you through that first part on Discord or something. Mainly want you to look at the different campaign options first.

targetrasp

If there's any one you'd rather try, whether it be campaign or faction let me know, it'll all be shiny and new for me, there may be something you're tired of or wanna try out

mastermario

I've started these three Light Side characters already so you're free to pick any of these on the Light Side:

Jedi Knight
Jedi Consular
Trooper

Since I would start my last Light Side character as a "Smuggler".

I've only started one Dark Side character, the Imperial Agent, so if you go Dark side you can pick any of them and I'd just fill with one of the three classes I haven't started.

Note that there are also two "sub-classes" associated with each class. They don't change your character's story but their abilities will be different if you want to read up on them.

Last, all of my characters are on the "Satele Shan" server so make sure to join that server. You can switch server's later but it's a little bit of a pain.

Probably free this coming weekend (or all week really) so just let me know when you wanna play, @targetrasp.

Grindspine

I totally spaced it last night (pun intended).

I might be able to do a bit of campaigning tonight.

BLUEVOODU

lol... yeah... I fell asleep after 15 min @Grindspine  ???

mastermario

BLUEVOODU