Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Steam Spring Cleaning

Started by Grindspine, May 27, 2018, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

It looks like Valve realizes how many Steam users have massive backlogs.  This holiday weekend is all about spring cleaning!

https://store.steampowered.com/springcleaning

targetrasp

I've started working on some of these... Steam came up with a cool idea

CreepinDeth

Wow, good job Valve. It still hasn't pushed me to play more games (that's more because I'm busy with life) but I love the idea.

targetrasp

I played one game for a few minutes, the others I just started up to get the badge... deffly liked the idea though

Grindspine

I played quite a few games that I had not touched.  Some of those games gave me the impression of, "Oh, yeah, I should play through more of this when I get a chance."  Several left me with the impression of, "No wonder I had not bothered to install this before."

I have many games that I picked up in those Steam sale packages where I bought a package to get one or two games cheap, but ended up with several games being added to my library.

BLUEVOODU

I didn't have a chance to do this... I Wish I did.  Steam did come up with a great idea.

@targetrasp @Grindspine @Kinikko - How did you end up with this - complete a lot of them?

I hope they bring this back.  And yeah...I have quite a few games where I thought the same as you Grindspine.  I found those on my quest to play every game in my library for 5 minutes.  I bought a lot of old Novalogic games... they were fun but have aged quite bit... and they just don't have the same magic anymore.  It sucks saying that...

Kinikko

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on August 19, 2018, 08:17:31 PM
@targetrasp @Grindspine @Kinikko - How did you end up with this - complete a lot of them?

Nope!  Haven't really played a game on steam in months.  XD
moo.

targetrasp

I finished off that match 3 game I was playing

targetrasp

Wonder if this will be a thing in 2019?

BLUEVOODU

idk... If we haven't heard anything about it yet, I doubt it.   It would be cool if they did.

@Grindspine @Kinikko --> Have you heard anything on this for 2019?

We need the gaming backlog tracker  ???

targetrasp

haha, I stopped beating that dead horse

Grindspine

Last year it was the last week of May.  If they do it this year, I would think it would be similar timing.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp lol... shhhhhhhhh.   The dream is real and alive.

@Grindspine that would be cool if they did it this year.  I didn't participate last year... and I cannot tell you the last time I logged into steam right now.  So... it's due

Grindspine

BLUEVOODU

Lack of time right now @Grindspine ...  I need to login.  It's been 6-7 months.

Grindspine

BLUEVOODU

Good call @Grindspine  I need to do that this year.  What are you playing?

What about you @Jack @targetrasp @Polygon @trkorecky @CreepinDeth @Kinikko @HylianSeven @SpartanEvolved @mastermario @Boomsickle @Icy @Frodus @Baker_Beezy @AngelBob

CreepinDeth

Just been playing GTA IV. So my backlog is still the same.  :))

trkorecky

I should see what it's recommending for me. A bunch of my friends from back home started up Sunday game nights, so we've been playing a weird variety of things.

Grindspine

When Renee has not been hogging my main gaming PC playing Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, I revisited a handful of games.

Star Wars: Republic Commando still seems like such an awesome game, but some of those fights on Genosis just kill my team too much.

Portal is so classic and so good.  I just revisited the last test, the escape, and the cake!

I played a few rounds of Team Fortress 2 and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch (source and regular).

I also put about two hours into Ori and the Blind Forest and about forty minutes to Halo: Spartan Strike.

Outside of the Spring Cleaning event, I played a few hours of Final Fantasy XIII-2 on the PS3.  I also did a bit in Skyrim Special Edition on Steam just to break in the EVGA RTX2060 KO graphics card that I installed a few weeks ago.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: trkorecky on May 23, 2020, 07:05:25 PM
I should see what it's recommending for me. A bunch of my friends from back home started up Sunday game nights, so we've been playing a weird variety of things.
@trkorecky  - It would be cool to get more people gaming from here.  We had some decent gaming rounds going for a bit with @targetrasp @Jack @mastermario @Grindspine and @SpartanEvolved   ...mostly with Diablo 3, Overwatch, and a few others.   There are some games I'd love to get into again.  It's been a long time... it has also been awhile since I've been on Steam.

@Grindspine what about Portal 2?   It would be fun to try to co-op some of that again.  We haven't done that since the PS3 days... and we had Penn Station.  Hell... that had to have been 8 years ago now.   Stupid time needs to stop it.  Did Renee stop hogging the PC? lol.

Grindspine

She is still hogging it and trying to get 100% items in Bloodstained!

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more