Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Favorite Pokémon game?

Started by Jack, June 04, 2018, 10:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

I've recently been playing through Silver on my 3DS since I purchased it sometime ago and I'm just in love all over again. It's definitely my favorite one, closely followed by Yellow version. What is your favorite version?

BLUEVOODU

@Jack surprisingly ... pokemon has been a decent series.

I dug red, blue, and yellow.  I played those quite a bit.  My son is currently playing a new version. I checked it out and it's quite a lot like the old formats. I'll check it out and post up the title later. 

My cousin and I used to play pokemon stadium for the n64 ... we should create a full on topic on that soon. It wasn't my cup of tea at the time but it still was enjoyable.

Mai Valentine

Silver is the one I played the most, but I also actually enjoyed Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

mastermario

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on June 10, 2018, 05:18:06 PM
My cousin and I used to play pokemon stadium for the n64 ... we should create a full on topic on that soon. It wasn't my cup of tea at the time but it still was enjoyable.

I did like me some Pokemon Stadium, that was a good time. Even figured out how to program my GameShark to make me have infinite health sometimes haha.

Never really got into Pokemon Snap, I played it but it was a little slow to me and I didn't really find pictures to be that rewarding.

Pokemon Red will always have a special place in my heart because that was really the first one I ever played. I think it was on Gameboy Color or Gameboy Advanced. IIRC, I also used a Gameboy GameShark to give myself infinite Master Balls and I would go around capturing other trainers' pokemon (in later games I think they took away that ability but I'm pretty sure you could do it in Red and Blue).

I bought Pokemon Sun for my 3DS a while ago and that's been pretty fun too.

retro junkie

To be honest, the one I really got into and played madly was the Pokemon blue. For the original gameboy. I'm not sure why. I found that one addictive for some reason.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario  You have Pokémon Sun for your 3DS?  Do you still play it? How is it?

Quote from: retro junkie on June 15, 2018, 10:11:13 PM
To be honest, the one I really got into and played madly was the Pokemon blue. For the original gameboy. I'm not sure why. I found that one addictive for some reason.
See... I started with Red and Blue.  I think I was addicted to Blue as well... but cannot remember.  I know I bought yellow last... well... I think I bought it last lol  ;D  It certainly didn't get as much time as Blue.

@Jack are you still playing silver?

mastermario

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on October 19, 2018, 04:30:59 PM
@mastermario  You have Pokémon Sun for your 3DS?  Do you still play it? How is it?

Yes, it was quite a bit of fun. No, I don't still play it because I can't find my 3DS haha. I lost it probably a year ago and have no idea where it went.