Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

So, uh... I think there's a big video game convention thingy happening this week

Started by CreepinDeth, June 12, 2018, 01:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepinDeth

So like, yeah, it's happening. Some cool stuff. For example -

Spoiler: ShowHide
Resident Evil 2 Remake!!!!!!!!

I think it's called E3. Might be something worth checking out if you have time.

retro junkie

TCL is making a showing there with some of their larger 4k TV screens. They are letting gamers know that their 4k TVs can satisfy the gamer.
there is no spoon

Mai Valentine

The trailer I enjoyed the most was for Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I'm very excited for that.

I'm also looking forward to Gears of War 5 and The Last of Us 2.

Oh crap I almost forgot: Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition!! Featuring stuff that was in the Japanese version that we never got here.

Kinikko

I had the bad luck of working every time a show was on.  I've only been able to watch Bethesda and Microsoft's so far.  MS didn't do too badly really, I'd probably rate theirs a B+ or so.  I was a lot less excited for Bethesda though and probably would give them a B.  Still pretty good but nothing I'm personally excited for.
moo.

CreepinDeth

I guess I can see why this E3 wasn't really on many people's radars. They had some good stuff like The Last of Us II and Tales of Vesperia but everything else seemed a tad underwhelming. At least, to me it did.

Kinikko

moo.

CreepinDeth

Sony was really the only one that had anything I liked this year. I honestly don't even remember much about the other companies except for Fallout and Gears of War but I'm kind of over those games.

I think with most of the 1st parties doing their own thing like PS Experience and Nintendo Direct, E3 has lost some of its luster. My guess, E3 will no longer be the big event it is within the next 5 years.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth you really think e3 will fall totally out?  I know since some changes in the mid 2000's it was declining. However, I thought it started today pick back up.

CreepinDeth

I think E3 itself will probably not be as prominent as it once was. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes away and a new type of convention is created in its place. The world is much more digital and it makes a lot more sense to do things on your own timeline rather than build everything up for June.

retro junkie

I guess my main desire was to see an announcement of  games that took advantage of the "New" technology. But I am really feeling that the Switch has stole that thunder. And it seems to be that special tech in which the wind never got caught in its sails. I can see it now. There will only be a handful of games that has this advantage for this generation of the 3DS.
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Quote from: retro junkie on July 02, 2018, 01:41:15 PM
I guess my main desire was to see an announcement of  games that took advantage of the "New" technology. But I am really feeling that the Switch has stole that thunder. And it seems to be that special tech in which the wind never got caught in its sails. I can see it now. There will only be a handful of games that has this advantage for this generation of the 3DS.

What exactly constitutes taking advantage of the "New" technology for you? I would argue The Last of Us II was one of those and nothing on the Switch came close to touching that game, in my opinion. If anything, the Switch was the most underwhelming in my eyes.

The 3DS is basically dead. There might be a game or two that is considered a must buy, but I doubt there would be more.

retro junkie

I guess when I see a console released with the name "New" in reference to its processing power, I expect to see a line of software released for the "New." Everything else would be backward compatible. Nintendo, unusually, when it comes to something new, never marketed it in that way. It might have been that the tech was released too late. No one actually took advantage. Maybe they were busy with the Switch. And no one cared anymore. If that was the case then the 3DS was dead at that point. And that was my gut feeling. It was dead before release. Nintendo keeps trying to encourage hope saying, behind freshly painted cardboard masks, "We are still supporting the 3DS. Everything is okay. Don't worry."  :( "Buy the Switch but you can still play your 3DS. wink, wink"  :(

I really enjoy "Fire Emblem Warriors." I haven't fully gotten into it yet but "Xenoblade Chronicles" does seem promising. I am looking at "Runbow" but have yet to pick it up. Not sure what else is worthy to purchase. Any recommendation are welcome.

Yes I know the Switch is portable, but it is just not as portable as the 3DS.
there is no spoon