Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Nintendo 64DD USA Model?

Started by BLUEVOODU, July 20, 2018, 01:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I ran across a couple year old youtube video... quite amazing.  I didn't know a USA one existed.  I used to have the Japanese 64DD and had a few come through my shop.  It was a pretty cool piece.  This USA model is quite cool... hard to believe this guy got ahold of it!  Lucky guy   ;D

I noticed at the end... he mentioned Diablo was supposed to come out for the N64DD - At one point it was announced.  I am going to research that as well as other N64DD games to see what I can come up with to make some new N64DD topics.

I figure @MegaDrive20XX and @retro junkie would appreciate this topic as well.

Check out this video... and post your comments / thoughts!

retro junkie

I've seen this video. Thought it was very interesting. I have often wondered as to why Nintendo never took the chance with this add-on. I know add-ons fail miserably in the gaming market. But they marketed the virtual boy.  ??? Throw in some killer games and I feel like this might have been a little more successful.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on July 20, 2018, 11:18:17 PM
I've seen this video. Thought it was very interesting. I have often wondered as to why Nintendo never took the chance with this add-on. I know add-ons fail miserably in the gaming market. But they marketed the virtual boy.  ??? Throw in some killer games and I feel like this might have been a little more successful.

@retro junkie If they would've released Earthbound...  I think it would have had a strong chance.  Several of the other slated titles looked really cool as well.  Especially with features like F-Zero X where you can create your own maps.  Sim City 64DD was a lot of fun.  I remember playing it... even though it was in Japanese.   You could zoom down to the street level and see if your citizens were happy ... or if they were angry.  But you could walk your streets.. then zoom back out and continue building.  I will make more topics on these games.. even though there are few of them... plus explore all of the titles that were to be in the USA.