Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Ant-Man and the Wasp - The MOVIE

Started by BLUEVOODU, July 22, 2018, 01:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Who has seen this?   And what are your thoughts??

I will provide no spoilers at this time ... or even hidden spoilers.   I know @Grindspine has seen it ... and I think @SpartanEvolved ... probably @mastermario too...
MAYBE @CreepinDeth and @targetrasp ...  or @HylianSeven ?

Comments?  Thoughts? Post it up!

Grindspine

Great movie.  It is impossible to talk about the ending without invoking spoilers and the other Marvel Cinematic Universe movies though.

targetrasp

I'm still on my kick of buying some preordered special collectors edition instead of going to the theater, so I'm going to be a few Marvel movies behind you guys.

Ant Man was surprisingly good so i'm hopeful for the second.

mastermario

Agreed, I thought it was really good. Cool ending, good story, good action, good acting.  It got a few bad reviews but I don't really think they were justified.

Jack

I really enjoyed it. I loved the first Antman as well to my surprise. The after credits scene though...

CreepinDeth

Turned out great and I thought it was better than the first. Can't wait for the next Avengers movie.  ;D

BLUEVOODU

@Jack   LOL... it's so frustrating too.

I know... I agree with everyone else.  I was PLEASANTLY surprised at this movie.  They did such a great job.  I have to say... there have been A LOT of great movies this year... and more I ended up opting to just rent later on to save money.  There definitely were others I wanted to see.

BLUEVOODU

@Grindspine SOO... About that ending  ;D

@CreepinDeth I can't wait for the next avengers movie as well.  IS that next year? OR do we have to wait longer?  *Starting to get the shakes*

NoGame

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie but can understand why some may have given it bad reviews.  For instance, the wasp as well as the villain were a little over-acted and Michelle Pfeiffer's role was mildly cheesy. However, it was a treat to see Pfeiffer back on the big screen.  Like Star Wars Episode I I believe Antman and the Wasp were produced to be digestible to a younger / broader audience. Paul Rudd's cheeky comedy style and Michael Pena's performance as a spastic nerve bag were successful in reaching that broad audience. Overall, I give Antman and the Wasp a thumbs up   :nerd:

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on August 05, 2018, 10:36:15 PM
@CreepinDeth I can't wait for the next avengers movie as well.  IS that next year? OR do we have to wait longer?  *Starting to get the shakes*

Got to wait until 2019. Marvel are monsters.

BLUEVOODU

Lol @CreepinDeth  monsters they are!

@NoGame welcome to the forums - feel free to post up in any topic. We are glad to have you  ;D

Kinikko

So was I the only person here that was incredibly bored with it and thought it was a giant clusterfrick?  XD  It's like in my bottom 5 marvel movies.
moo.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Kinikko on August 22, 2018, 12:23:14 AM
So was I the only person here that was incredibly bored with it and thought it was a giant clusterfrick?  XD  It's like in my bottom 5 marvel movies.
@Kinikko LOL... based on all the previous responses... I have to say Yes you are  :))

It was definitely different... but I enjoyed the movie.  If I saw It a second time around... I may have a different story.  MAY have.

Kinikko

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on August 22, 2018, 01:39:10 PM
Quote from: Kinikko on August 22, 2018, 12:23:14 AM
@Kinikko LOL... based on all the previous responses... I have to say Yes you are  :))

It was definitely different... but I enjoyed the movie.  If I saw It a second time around... I may have a different story.  MAY have.

I mean I didn't even laugh at any of their attempts at jokes, lol.  If I had been by myself I probably would have walked out 1/3 of the way through.
moo.

BLUEVOODU

@Kinikko that sounds like an awful and a crappy experience. Did anyone else that was with you say it was that awful too?

Kinikko

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on August 23, 2018, 09:51:53 PM
@Kinikko that sounds like an awful and a crappy experience. Did anyone else that was with you say it was that awful too?

No they were cracking up dying the whole way though, I just kept looking at them like O.o

Husband just thought it was okay, not too great but not bad. 
moo.

mastermario

I guess I just really like Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly. They both have a dry, sarcastic sense of humor and I can see how that could annoy people.

BLUEVOODU

Yeah.  Maybe that's the difference... humor styles people enjoy. 

I'd like to see it again. Makes me want to go back and watch the 1st one again too lol. 

targetrasp

Ant-Man and the Wasp is on Netflix now so I've finally watched it.

I must say, I enjoy these movies, just not enough to pay for them.

I started reading comics in the early 90s making the majority of my exposure what is now considered the copper age of comics. Ant-man just wasn't really featured then and as such not someone I really attached to.

The cast are awesome - Kate from Lost, Dutch from Killjoys, Josh from Clueless, the girl I get confused with the Hooters girl from Big Daddy, not to mention Gordon Gekko and Vicki Vale {{Correction - Kim Basinger was Vicki Vale, Michelle Pfeiffer was Catwoman before Halle}}... the story could be meh (which it kinda was) and I'd still enjoy. It also helps that Ant-man is such a 3rd string super hero I go in with no expectations, as such its hard to be disappointed.

BLUEVOODU

I really want to see this title again.  Ant-Man and the Wasp was awesome.. she was also the She Elf in the Hobbit series.

DAt Ending though... as @Grindspine and others mentioned.  That would suck to have happen... worst timing ever lol.

targetrasp

that reminds me, it's about time to rewatch all the LOTR and Hobbit movies

Grindspine

One does not simply derail the thread into LOTR.

;D

As said above, Ant Man & the Wasp is still on Netflix.  It is a good watch!

BLUEVOODU

Woot... @Grindspine just got the 100 Mega Shock Title lol.... well played reference AND your  100th post.

I wish this was on Prime right now...    They rarely have Marvel anything... which is odd.  They have a lot of binge-watchable shows like Psych and 24 always available.  That's good... as we binge watched both while studying.

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

Hm... Anakin versus Sauron ... that might be a decent match up.