Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

What Playstation 4 Headsets are the best?

Started by BLUEVOODU, July 22, 2018, 08:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Now.... I  have not looked into what compatibility PS4 has yet - so don't sacrifice me on that point.   I have an older Logitech G35 headset that still works like a champ.  I really like it... BUT for PC.  I haven't looked into PS4 to see if drivers and stuff are compatible.  I doubt it and would be shocked if so  :o

With that said... What PS4 headsets do you like?  What would you want (if you had the choice)...  And / Or what do you own?   and please provide links.

I used to use just an ear piece for Playstation 3.  I had a Turtle Beach one... and also the original uncomfortable ear hole splitting PS3 headset - Sony version I Think it was.  They did well.  I would be ok with those type again... as I don't necessarily like a full headset with noise cancellation when I'm gaming in a room with other people.  It has a rage effect on me when I cannot hear what's going on. lol  ;D

@Strubes @trkorecky @targetrasp @Kinikko 

oh... I also have a Plantronics Bluetooth headset I use for my phone... maybe that will work just fine.  In fact, I think I will test that out now.

Comments, suggestions... Post it up!

trkorecky

I'll be honest, I haven't paid for PS+ in years, and even then I only occasionally played Destiny with friends using the stock earbud mic thing. I only use my PS4 for single player games and to connect to my buddy's PLEX server. I do almost everything on PC.

I would love to upgrade to a Pro though, for occasional 60 FPS or 4K. It's the graphics programmer in me.

Mai Valentine

I play with headsets as much as possible even without multiplayer, since I have housemates and don't want to bother them. Also, I process audio poorly so having it come from a speaker detracts from the experience.

I try to buy Turtle Beach when possible. They are very good and reliable. The one I have for PS4 is a Recon 60p (https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/recon-60p-headset).

What I like most about it is that it has both a standard jack (to plug directly into the PS4 controller) and a USB adapter (to plug into the PS4). The sound quality is the same either way. I'm not sure about voice quality since I don't play anything multiplayer.

Jack

I just use my Apple earbuds, man. Works for hearing audio and the mic on the earbuds work for talking as well. Thank you based Sony.

BLUEVOODU

@trkorecky I'm with you there... I just used that for the most part with the PS3.  The stock headset kind of hurt the ear lol.  The turtle beach in ear head set is what I upgraded to... but it wasn't better.  I didn't get a headset with my Ps4... I don't think I did at least.

@Mai Valentine Thank you for the suggestion... I will look into those.  My buddy at work uses them as well.

@Jack - That's an idea... I have an older pair from my old iPhone with the regular jack.  I will give that a shot 1st since that's free and in my possession.  I never even thought about that.

Kinikko

I don't remember what kind of headset it is, but I'm pretty sure the hubby originally bought it to use on his Xbox One LOL.  They're super comfortable and got like a gray scale camo pattern on the sides of it. 
moo.

targetrasp

I picked up a really nice (and moderately priced) set. Turtle Beach earforce px24. It comes with a modest amp and works well on just about anything I've connected it to. It's fairly light (I'm a real big fan of the Samson Sr850 headphones) and it feels similar to those, just a whole lot lighter.

I think @CreepinDeth is the headphone audiophile so he may be able to shed more light on the top end. If I'm blowing money on sound it's on speakers my neighbors can hear. My headphone / mic / headset tastes have always been bang for the buck type stuff.

BLUEVOODU

I'll look into those. I'm definitely looking into something that will work with PS4 and PC Now after my Logitech G35 headset bit the dust.

Turtle Beach seems like a pretty standard way to go... some of their designs have been odd... but I hear they sound pretty good.   BY odd.. I mean like Logitech mice have been odd looking over the last few iterations.

targetrasp

turtle beach often tries to look like a gaming headset. My kids get these headsets that light up all over the place and look like they're from a sci fi movie. Mine aren't like that. They're a very understated black with some silver accents, no lights, funky designs, just functionality.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp Linky?  ;D  I will  take a look into it.

It's going to be a little bit before I buy a new headset unfortunately.  Other things need to come 1st right now.

CreepinDeth

I personally stay away from gaming headsets. They can be clunky or uncomfortable and you're mostly paying for the feature set than sound quality.

That's not to say they're all bad. There are some good headsets out there, I just don't go for them since I already have great headphones.

With that said, I personally use the Philips SHP9500S. They have a detachable cable which I can replace with a VMODA Boom Mic.

These can plug into a PS4 controller or one of the later Xbox One controller revisions that has a 3.5mm jack. Unfortunately, it looks like Amazon doesn't have those headphones in stock. They're usually $75. Newegg tends to carry them too for that price. Also, I lent this combo to a friend to try on his XB1 controller. He said that it was difficult to hear other people but since I don't own an XB1 I can't verify how true that is. When using it on a PC, I was able to hear the game fine but since I don't play multiplayer, I couldn't check if the Voice Chat was low there too.

Oh and they're open headphones too which means sound will leak a lot.

targetrasp

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more