Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: What Playstation 4 Headsets are the best?  (Read 28 times)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Metal Slug
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
What Playstation 4 Headsets are the best?
« on: July 22, 2018, 08:27:13 PM »
Now.... I  have not looked into what compatibility PS4 has yet - so don't sacrifice me on that point.   I have an older Logitech G35 headset that still works like a champ.  I really like it... BUT for PC.  I haven't looked into PS4 to see if drivers and stuff are compatible.  I doubt it and would be shocked if so  :o

With that said... What PS4 headsets do you like?  What would you want (if you had the choice)...  And / Or what do you own?   and please provide links.

I used to use just an ear piece for Playstation 3.  I had a Turtle Beach one... and also the original uncomfortable ear hole splitting PS3 headset - Sony version I Think it was.  They did well.  I would be ok with those type again... as I don't necessarily like a full headset with noise cancellation when I'm gaming in a room with other people.  It has a rage effect on me when I cannot hear what's going on. lol  ;D

@Strubes @trkorecky @targetrasp @Kinikko 

oh... I also have a Plantronics Bluetooth headset I use for my phone... maybe that will work just fine.  In fact, I think I will test that out now.

Comments, suggestions... Post it up!

Offline trkorecky

• Green PIG
    • View Profile
Re: What Playstation 4 Headsets are the best?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 10:55:21 PM »
I'll be honest, I haven't paid for PS+ in years, and even then I only occasionally played Destiny with friends using the stock earbud mic thing. I only use my PS4 for single player games and to connect to my buddy's PLEX server. I do almost everything on PC.

I would love to upgrade to a Pro though, for occasional 60 FPS or 4K. It's the graphics programmer in me.

Offline Mai Valentine

• RAcaseal
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »
I play with headsets as much as possible even without multiplayer, since I have housemates and don't want to bother them. Also, I process audio poorly so having it come from a speaker detracts from the experience.

I try to buy Turtle Beach when possible. They are very good and reliable. The one I have for PS4 is a Recon 60p (https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/recon-60p-headset).

What I like most about it is that it has both a standard jack (to plug directly into the PS4 controller) and a USB adapter (to plug into the PS4). The sound quality is the same either way. I'm not sure about voice quality since I don't play anything multiplayer.

Offline Jack

• Hydrolisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:40:52 PM »
I just use my Apple earbuds, man. Works for hearing audio and the mic on the earbuds work for talking as well. Thank you based Sony.