Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Call of Duty: WWII - Is the Season Pass Worth It?

Started by BLUEVOODU, July 22, 2018, 08:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Call of Duty: WWII Season pass.    It's $50... which is steep in my opinion. 

Call of Duty®: WWII - Season Pass - store.playstation.com

Per the website... they state this is included:
QuoteContinue the epic journey with 4 DLC Packs in 2018 that include new and iconic Multiplayer Maps, new chapters of Nazi Zombies and all-new War Missions.

Also includes 'Carentan' Bonus Map!

Carentan, one of the most beloved Call of Duty® Multiplayer maps, makes its return in Call of Duty®: WWII. Fight through the destroyed buildings and fortified streets of this war-torn French town in an all-out battle for a strategic German stronghold. All Season Pass holders will receive this iconic map at launch.

This Season Pass allows you to save money on content. Content can be downloaded in-game or from PlayStation® Store when available.

Is this worth it?   is $50 justified?  I've bought them in the past... but I'm not sure Call of Duty: WWII really did well enough and is important enough to get the Season Pass.

Thoughts? Comments?   Post it up!

targetrasp

as a rule I shy away from season passes. games lose favor so quickly you can sometimes double the price of the game for fractional return on time spent playing. By the time DLC starts rolling out there's another FPS going that's grabbed attention.

the last additional content I can really say I bought and was worth it was the add on maps for halo 2. I spent a ton of time playing halo 2, well into when the 260 first came out and beyond. after that I've always been disappointed. After boarderlands 2 I was done with DLC - heck, if you skip the game altogether at some point an ultimate edition will come out with everything for free or less than... Horizon Zero Dawn just was on sale somewhere for 10 with everything.

BLUEVOODU

I ended up not purchasing the season pass and opted to put the money into the Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Pro edition for PlayStation 4 from GAmestop.  That cost a pretty penny... but I was jones-ing for the steel book.   Don't ask why...  It's something I've done since the original Black Ops - on any edition I could get.  WWII I was not able  to get the steel book - if there was one.  I didn't research if there was.

Maybe if the Call of Duty: WWII Season Pass content goes on super sale, I'll buy into it.

targetrasp

I dig steel books too. not 100 - 150 dig, but a $5 to 10dollar upcharge on a used one i'm fine with.

I've got a habit of running through the used games looking for something shiny