Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

New 3DS SNES Edition

Started by Kinikko, July 23, 2018, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinikko

Here's an imgur post with a bunch of pictures of me unboxing it.

Main complaint I have for it is that it's actually quite heavy compared to my regular 3DS XL.  I don't know if that's just how the "new" ones are though.  It was also kinda tricky for me to get the back panel off to upgrade the memory too, but again that's just the "new" 3DS and not specifically this one. 

I read reviews that this model uses the "inferior" screens, but when they compared side by side to the other model of screen I actually prefer this one because the picture is brighter and I have really bad vision problems lol.  Here's a link to that specific review with the pictures if you want to look yourself.

Overall I do like how it looks.  In pictures the graphics on it do kinda look tacky and cheap but it makes a difference when you have it like in your hands. 

??? Not really a review writer but I gave it a shot and took a bunch of pictures for y'all. XD  Any specific questions I'll try to answer as best I can.  :3
moo.

BLUEVOODU

OOOOOOOooooooo   Thank you, @Kinikko Very very cool.  sigh.... I want one now lol.  So the graphics look tackier in real life?    that's sort-of a bummer.

Did you have a 3DS XL (older version)?   I have one from 2013 ... I think it is.  Just curious if there is a weight difference between the new and the old.

As far as the screens... I can definitely see yours is brighter.  The reviewer must be able to see something their picture doesn't show.  I cannot see a marked difference... maybe it's something with the brightness that throws something else off?

Thank you @Kinikko Good stuff!

Kinikko

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on July 25, 2018, 10:38:51 PM
OOOOOOOooooooo   Thank you, @Kinikko Very very cool.  sigh.... I want one now lol.  So the graphics look tackier in real life?    that's sort-of a bummer.

Nah they look better in person I think, I guess I worded that weirdly lol.

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on July 25, 2018, 10:38:51 PM

Did you have a 3DS XL (older version)?   I have one from 2013 ... I think it is.  Just curious if there is a weight difference between the new and the old.

Yeah I have a Yoshi edition 3DS XL.  It's a bit heavier but it wasn't enough for me to notice really after playing it a couple hours.
moo.

BLUEVOODU

@Kinikko How is Mario Kart on the 3DS?  LOL... .I used to love that game. 

The Metroid 3DS was pretty cool looking as well.  Not sure anything beats the Majoras Mask version @retro junkie  has.  Lucky  ;D   The SNES styled one ... I wanted to jump on it too.  Pfft... Nintendo... making us want to buy more versions of hardware because they look cool. 

retro junkie

I would like to have the 3DS XL Persona Q Limited Edition. Been sort of eyeing that one.  :-\
there is no spoon

Kinikko

Quote from: retro junkie on August 02, 2018, 05:21:48 PM
I would like to have the 3DS XL Persona Q Limited Edition. Been sort of eyeing that one.  :-\

:o That one looks sick!   I just wish it wasn't blue.  XD  I'm not a very big fan of blue. 
moo.

Jack

Ah, this looks so damn sick. I would love to have this model.

CreepinDeth

It's currently on sale for $150 on Amazon. I'm really debating on getting it even though I don't need it.

Bomber Man

It looks cool though, but I already have a 2DS. So I think i'm good
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on August 02, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

Yeah... that one is a really cool version.   IDK though... the Majoras Mask 3DS might still be my favorite lol  :))

and the Super Nintendo designed 3DS ...  ???  I want one now.  ???

At some point we should create a 3DS topic for all the special versions and link these topics to that topic.  We can still create new topics for specific 3DS units... and then link to the master topic lol.