Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Frog Leap Studios

Started by targetrasp, July 31, 2018, 12:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

I just stumbled on Leo Moracchioli's youtube channel and I'm sure its something several of us can appreciate. He does some really cool metal covers of popular songs. Last Friday he did an amazing rendition of Ballroom Blitz that has inspired me to put in Wayne's World after I finish this post.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC98tcedR6gULv8_b70WJKyw

BLUEVOODU

I checked this out @targetrasp They have some pretty cool videos.  Of course, the guy is from Norway lol.  He does a couple hilarious dances in one of his videos.   I had to watch the feel good Inc metal cover LOL...

@ThravRande ... you may appreciate this one as well.

targetrasp

Watch the Ice Ice Baby cover, I busted a gut laughing! Its one of the only covers I've watched so far with some muddy lyrics...

I had a hard time tearing myself away from his channel. He's covered iconic songs spanning the last three decades so there's a nostalgic pull. He just really seems like a fun-loving guy and incorporates that into his work (recorder, guitar / banjo hybrid, tiny drum set, bunny suit).

BLUEVOODU

LOL... I finally got around to watching the Ice Ice Baby cover.... that was pretty good.  Good suggestion @targetrasp

@Grindspine - did you check these?

Kinikko

Omg I have a lot of stuff to watch now.  This guy is really freaking good. 

ROFL I just watched The Fox I just died.

moo.

BLUEVOODU

LOL @Kinikko That's hilarious.   I know... I have a bunch more to check out too. 

:)) 

@Grindspine Did you have a chance to check these out?

targetrasp

HA - He just did the Bloodhound Gang

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp re-reviewing some of these... man... What does the Fox say... while it's funny, it's one serious groove he has going on there.  I get it's supposed to be funny, but there's some serious talent there and it's well produced.  I dig how well its put together.  Good choice @Kinikko .

DING DING DING DING DING  DA DING DA DING lol...

@Grindspine Did you check this out yet?

targetrasp

Something about those Scandinavians' heavy music I dig,

volbeat, meshugga, opeth, in flames, at the gates..

BLUEVOODU

lol... don't forget UNEARTH, @targetrasp ... they are pretty good too.

stupid What does the Fox Say has been in my head ALL day....

targetrasp

watch the baby shark one, it'll make you forget all about the fox

BLUEVOODU

I watched it... lol... DADDY SHARK...

What does the fox say is still in my head too... 

targetrasp

there's truly no hope then

BLUEVOODU

NOOPPPPPPEEEEEEE.

What does the fox say...

targetrasp

Leo just uploaded a Thriller cover a few days ago that's awesome. The guitarist from Drowning Pool is in it too

BLUEVOODU

YUS!  @targetrasp Thank you for the heads up... here's the link LOL... er embedded video:

Definitely has a Drowning Pool sound to it... can hear that easily.

targetrasp

I love how C.J. is too bad ass for makeup. The MJ glove is a nice touch though

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp and @Kinikko ... did you all check out Africa?  The end song the perform is absolutely awesome.   I started figuring this out on Guitar

@Grindspine I know you don't like Africa... but check this out.  You'll dig the song at the end after Africa.

AngelBob

This guy is one of my toddler's favorite musicians haha... I'm pretty sure he does Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as well.
Try Alestorm, nothing like pirate metal to get your day going!

targetrasp

his baby shark is the best!

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob lol.. toddler's favorite?   Man... they are pretty good at what they do.  I guess they have everyone from Toddlers to the elderly enjoying what they do.

@targetrasp @Grindspine did you listen to the song at the end where they are jamming out?  I'm sure it's a song they sell separately in the store... but it's pretty awesome.

lol... daddy shark...

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU yeah he's got some great ones, this one cracks me up haha

targetrasp

the song after Africa was worth listening to Africa for...

BLUEVOODU

lol @AngelBob Tubthumpin... that's pretty funny.   I Think that's the only song they really did lol.

@targetrasp no kidding... so much awesome riffage... I was learning this a bit on guitar.  I've got a couple parts almost down.   I was trying to get @Grindspine to listen to it... he would absolutely dig it.

AngelBob

New video up, this one is great haha...

targetrasp

what is that guitar? it looks a lot like an esp millie petrozza but the cut out near the bridge isn't round...

that's a sweet take on a flying v / double arrow

BLUEVOODU

LOL!  Nice @AngelBob   

@targetrasp ... I looked this up at one point.   And I cannot find it again right now.. which is annoying me.   Do it brain... come on brain goo.   It's there somewhere.   I did a quick search for it again, but couldn't find it.  It's actually just a basic guitar... but I agree, the cut out in the back looks great.

Figurra

Quote from: AngelBob on November 16, 2019, 05:44:11 AM
New video up, this one is great haha...

Stellar performance worthy of that banana suit. haha

BLUEVOODU

lol that's a good one.   You should check out the video of Africa and the end jam they do. Absolutely amazing And awesome.

Welcome @Figurra  Please feel free to post up in any topic new or old.  We hope to see you around!

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more