Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Game movie ideas

Started by Jack, August 07, 2018, 08:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

What video game do you think would make a good movie?

I am of the opinion that only certain video games should be made into movies as most video games don't translate well to cinema, IMO. I keep seeing discussions on Facebook about a Legend of Zelda movie but I honestly just think it would be awful. Link is a silent protagonist, he has no dialogue. Zelda is an interactive and immersive video game experience, not one to really be watched, IMO. I think, however, that Star Fox would make for an ideal movie since the characters already have dialogue and talking personalities.

What are your thoughts? What do you think would make a good fit?

targetrasp

I think to do star fox correct, he'd be a lot like Rocket Raccoon but then it'd be considered a rip-off and done before. In that light I think star fox would be a complete failure, CGI anyway. An animated version could be done well.

Horizon Zero Dawn MIGHT work in a Mad Max meets eden kind of way

Rygar, Metal Gear, Witcher Monster Hunter, The Elder Scrolls or anything else Bioware could be awesome.

BLUEVOODU

I Moved the Topic to General Discussion.

hey... I say... why Not make a Kirby Movie / Cartoon in the light of the Angry Birds Movie.  I think it is do-able.

The Legend of Zelda could be pulled off well - maybe in the light of Avatar the Last Airbender.

Star Fox is a great idea imo - could even make it Solo / Star Wars styled.

mastermario

Quote from: targetrasp on August 08, 2018, 08:10:04 PM
I think to do star fox correct, he'd be a lot like Rocket Raccoon but then it'd be considered a rip-off and done before. In that light I think star fox would be a complete failure, CGI anyway. An animated version could be done well.

Was about to say the same thing before I read your post haha. I think the ship has sailed on a Starfox movie.

I think a well-done Halo movie could be wildly successful though. Maybe Gears of War or a Splinter Cell movie. Or Mass Effect.

retro junkie

I think a Star Ocean anime movie could be done well.
there is no spoon

Grindspine

StarCraft the movie!  Oh wait, Starship Troopers did that in the Zerg context.  Oh, StarCraft the movie on the Protoss side!  Wait, was that Independence Day?

BLUEVOODU

Was about to say the same thing before I read your post haha. I think the ship has sailed on a Starfox movie.

I think a well-done Halo movie could be wildly successful though. Maybe Gears of War or a Splinter Cell movie. Or Mass Effect.

@mastermario how about Slippy the movie lol

@retro junkie I definitely can see that!

mastermario

Quote from: Grindspine on August 12, 2018, 01:09:53 AM
StarCraft the movie!  Oh wait, Starship Troopers did that in the Zerg context.  Oh, StarCraft the movie on the Protoss side!  Wait, was that Independence Day?

I'd watch it anyway haha.

BLUEVOODU

lol... same here.  But it would probably end up like Warcraft the Movie lol.

targetrasp

The Warcraft movie BARELY merited a Redbox rental for me. I had zero expectation and wasn't disappointed! I'd watch it again when it comes on Netflix

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp so you liked the Warcraft Movie?  I haven't seen it... I Thought everyone said it was bad - Could be wrong on that one.

targetrasp

liked is relative...

I didn't hate it, and I could find worse ways to spend my time.

I think I liked it like I liked the GI Joe movies, the last transformer movie, the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean movie, see where I'm going with this?

Bomber Man

Smash Bros. Honestly I would like Smash Bros more than anything. If I could make the movie I would show how all the characters met, and I would make Story mode a movie. The movie could have new characters that have not have been in Smash yet.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more