Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Turok 1 & 2 remastered

Started by Jack, August 07, 2018, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

If any of you are fans of the original two Turok games on N64, you should DEFINITELY check out the remastered versions on Steam. I think they go for about $20 each and it is absolutely worth it. They tweaked it just enough to keep the core gameplay the same but fluid enough to run beautifully on modern rigs.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Jack on August 07, 2018, 08:39:39 PM
If any of you are fans of the original two Turok games on N64, you should DEFINITELY check out the remastered versions on Steam. I think they go for about $20 each and it is absolutely worth it. They tweaked it just enough to keep the core gameplay the same but fluid enough to run beautifully on modern rigs.

Very Interesting.... @Jack I will take a look at this.

Since you've played them... I take it they work well with Keyboard and mouse?  And there's a significant graphics improvement?

CreepinDeth

Turok 1 goes on sale for $5 quite a bit on Steam and GOG. I've been meaning to pick it up since it was one of my favorite N64 games but I don't even have time to play games so haven't pulled the trigger.

Jack

@BLUEVOODU  Yup, they overhauled the movement in the game to feel super fluid and it works flawlessly with a mouse/keyboard.

The graphics were enhanced to look super nice by today's standards but they preserve the original art of the game so it doesn't deviate TOO much from it. Like imagine Turok running in 1080p at 60 FPS. That's what you get with these.