Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Zelda Breath of the Wild - Nintendo Switch - The Official Topic

Started by BLUEVOODU, August 30, 2018, 05:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

OK... as mentioned and few other times and also @targetrasp 's post in the Recent Game Happenings thread... We need a Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Nintendo Switch topic.

How many of you own this game?   Who used to play it?  Who is still playing it?

The game looks awesome.  The gameplay looks like it rivals Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask in the awesomeness category... if I dare to say that.    The monsters look cool.  The new battle elements look like they were brilliantly laid out and designed... as well as controls.  The switch has  A LOT of positives in the control realm.  They did a great job designing the Switch... but I digress.

Feel free to write a full review on Zelda: Breath of the Wild if you wish in a new thread and link the threads.  Short reviews go in here.  I have not bought the game, but it's high up on the list.

Thoughts? Comments?  Post It up!   

targetrasp

I'm really surprised I didn't really get into this game earlier. It's the reason I bought the switch and yet I barely played either until recently. I've not played enough to actually review it but I can say that it's worth the price of admission.

When it came out I purchased the hard cover players guide and the game, and three or four amiibos. The amiibos make almost no difference other than adding some materials and on occasion offering a pretty OP weapon (at least in early stages) but the guide is great. The game is Nintendos take on the Elder Scrolls Series. The story is good, the voice acting is bad, and the gameplay is amazing. I've spent hours just farming materials and exploring. I'd suggest using the guide as more of a reference instead of following it as a walk thru as it has the potential to shorten the game significantly. I'll attempt a proper review once I've gotten through it.

Prior to this game I was in a real gaming slump. I'd almost convinced myself I'd outgrown gaming or just lost interest. After reintroducing myself to BOTW I've realized i'm still a gamer. I don't just pick this game up when i'm bored, i carve out several hours a week for it.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp NO!  You cannot succumb to the Adult.  lol... enough adulting... more gaming.  Repeat this  "I don't want to adult anymore."

Honestly... I hear you.  I get it and have been there.  Then I'll break out something like Defense Grid...  or start playing a Lego game that I haven't played in forever.  Not exactly sure why, but clearing the gaming backlog has helped a lot with this.  Classic Gaming has also helped cure the blues.

As far as Amiibos... they don't help at all?   I guess that would count as pay to win if they did lol... in a way.    I seriously want to get into this game... I have a few purchases I want to do 1st.

targetrasp

The BOTW amiibos have some randomness that can be great or meh, and you can only use each amiibo once / day. Most of the time it's 5 arrows or something silly plus some random materials. Sometimes you get a pretty decent weapon or a htf material from the BOTW amiibos. Every other amiibo I own drops some random assortment of 3 - 5 materials.

They make farming less frequent, and once in a while get a nice weapon BUT the weapons don't last long. Weapons break super quick, so even if you get something OP (at least where i'm at in the game) it breaks quick. So far I've found one thing that can be fixed but it costs more in materials and money than I've even seen yet.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more