Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Ads and Affiliates

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 11, 2018, 10:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I am currently testing (As you've probably seen) ad and affiliates.  I plan to do more with NEWEGG, and Amazon... plus others.

If there are things you purchase online and you would like to see affiliate links posted, please let me know.   I will customize those for you.  The programs help pay for hosting and what-not.

As it was with EGA... I will not ask anyone to click the links or to purchase anything.   This is only if you are buying stuff anyway and would like to help out the site.

If there are questions, please let me know. 

FYI -  the play-asia.com link isn't fully working yet - it's up for testing right now.

targetrasp

I purchase from Amazon at least once a week, Best Buy at least once a month, Newegg when i need parts (when they're not double msrp) ebay on occassion, and gamestop at least once monthly.

If you can monotize any of that I'll click a link.

Also, if there's something that pays a per click I'll help out.

BLUEVOODU

Thank you - I appreciate that. 

I am definitely working on Newegg and Amazon. I will be posting those 2 on the site at some point.  There are some things I need to do before these are in place.  It has to do with site wide settings that I'll explain later in more detail.   Playasia links are now fixed.   

I was playing with all the formatting in regard to our Vvide theme and some of the ad placements don't work with this theme.. but we will adjust as I think we will keep the Vvide theme as our main theme. and remove most others.

BLUEVOODU

Just a heads up... I'm working on Amazon.com affiliates right now.   This isn't a CPC program... but if you purchase things from amazon, it will help this site if you follow the links from here and then purchase.   IT's not a lot, but it'll help and go towards hosting if you are able to do that.

Right now... I have one of the ads on the bottom.  It appears to be rotating out with the bottom of page Playasia Ad.  I'm working on a couple more ads.. probably right side tower ad or something.

Again... I'm not asking for any additional purchases.  Only asking for you to think about going through from this site for amazon purchases

mastermario

I get the ads, but dear Lord, you don't think this is excessive? lol.

BLUEVOODU

oh wow... you get 2 rows on top?!   It's set for 1 row. hm...

Is it that way all the time?  please let me know on this one... that needs to be fixed lol.

BLUEVOODU

ok... I double checked and saved the ad... please let me know if you see it more than 1 row again.

CreepinDeth

I don't seem to get any ads now. Not sure about anyone else.

Nevermind, just got a playasia one.

targetrasp

I finally got the double ad from amazon, I feel so special

BLUEVOODU

lol....

and I just received the amazon double row at the top.  come on...  :o  It's set to 1 row.

BLUEVOODU

and now it's displaying right.....   *PUNCH MYSELF IN THE FACE!*

There are 3 at top that rotate out.
1.) Playasia
2.) amazon strip - 3 ads
3.) Responsive 4 ad - 1 row... should not be 8 ads 2 rows.  This is the one not acting right.  Although now... it seems like it is.

CreepinDeth

I want to say that I got an ad every time I visit the home page but now it's intermittent. But not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or if it's a bug.

BLUEVOODU

hm... I've been getting them every time.  The amazon ads load independently... so maybe it has something to do with that.  Please let me know if the issue continues tonight (through tomorrow at some point).  I will change the ad to load with the page instead of independently.

Thank you very much for reporting this stuff -  to all that have tested / reported.

targetrasp

Why did the Adam and Eve ads start?

Kinikko

I was gonna say something about the humongous ad at the top but I couldn't get it to show up again to take a screenshot of it.  XD 
moo.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on February 28, 2018, 10:41:20 PM
Why did the Adam and Eve ads start?
LOL... well... some of the amazon ones are based on search history... SOOOOOOOooooooo.   :D

I took the responsive ads off the top.  I couldn't get a consistent result with setting 1 row.  Weird...  I'll try again this weekend.

There is a small strip for amazon on top and play-asia.  I might turn off the play-asia ad.  It was being used to test and position.

I left the larger add at the bottom for now.

mastermario

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on March 01, 2018, 08:53:18 PM
LOL... well... some of the amazon ones are based on search history... SOOOOOOOooooooo.   :D

I'm pretty sure Amazon is pushing ads from your search history because it was showing desk lamps and IU polos.

targetrasp

they absolutely are. The speakers I'd added to my wish list are front and center.

(My apologies, I really hate puns but I couldn't let that one go)

BLUEVOODU

LOL.. that was a good one.

Are they nice speakers? :D

Also reactivated those ads again to test to make sure they stay to 1 row.  However, the responsive ads are still pretty thick.  hm..  please let me know if you see the ridiculous double ads again (2 row).

targetrasp

without doing any acoustical work on the room itself I won't pay a whole lot for speakers. Klipsch, Polk, Elac are what I'm considering. So nicer than theater in a box but nothing that'd impress a serious audiophile. I upgraded my receiver and the subwoofers so the front and center speakers are a little underpowered. I'll move the fronts to the back and ditch the surrounds and old center for some nicer center and front speakers.

BLUEVOODU

yeah... I hear you .  I have a nice set of Logitech speakers with massive subwoofer.  IT does the job for the room... extraordinarily well.

targetrasp

man I completely skipped over where you lobbed my Adam and Eve joke back at me, such a missed opportunity.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 04, 2018, 05:20:02 PM
man I completely skipped over where you lobbed my Adam and Eve joke back at me, such a missed opportunity.
LOL :D

Hey... opportunities still exist.

targetrasp

Can't go back, its just not as funny.

CreepinDeth

I do like that the ads load quickly. I hate the ones that load while I'm reading something and pushes everything below my eye level. So annoying.

BLUEVOODU

that's the goal... I HATE ADS that slow browsing, cause browsers to crash, load slow and then reformat the page after the load.  Bad design... not good.

I plan to never use those types. 

targetrasp

The best are the ones that are delayed on purpose. About the time you're going to click that next button the page shifts and you haphazardly click on an ad.

CreepinDeth

Ugh, I hate those too! They make we want to punch babies!!

Not really... maybe.  :P

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on March 07, 2018, 12:26:39 AM
Ugh, I hate those too! They make we want to punch babies!!

Not really... maybe.  :P
And club seals...

Yes.. those are the worst.

Though the worst pages are... when you don't click an ad, but the target area for the link on is almost the entire background.   And then you accidentally click the background and 3 ads cycle on screen.   

None of that will be here.

targetrasp

no baby-punching or seal-clubbing?

I quit.