Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Neo Geo CD - do you still own one?

Started by BLUEVOODU, August 30, 2018, 11:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I haven't talked about or made a topic on the Neo Geo CD in 5 - 6 years.  I probably haven't broke out my Neo Geo CD since 2013... maybe even 2012.    This SNK system was a center piece for me for many years and was an affordable way to break into to Neo Geo market.   I still owned the Neo Geo AES... but I had far more games on the Neo Geo CD.

So who still owns a NEO GEO CD or CDz system?  What are your thoughts on the system these days?

My last game buy was Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 - US - for the Neo Geo CD.  It is still sealed and new. I think I'm going to leave it sealed now.

Thoughts, comments, Post it up!

retro junkie

Mine stays out and ready to go. I am the most distracted gamer. Meaning that I will play something like the Gameboy Pocket for a while, walk by the Genesis, you got to fire it up, switch to some sega games for a while, then a game on the NES comes to mind. Before you know it it has been a year or more since you have fired up the ole NEO GEO CD.
Recently a guy at work, who owns an AES, and I was discussing the difficulty level of newer fighters vs the old arcade stuff. That prompted me to turn on my NG CD. I got my tail handed to me that night.  :))

I am glad I still own one that works. And I know at some point it will fail. But it has given me the opportunity to own the original stuff on the original Neo Geo hardware. It has some of the most challenging and fun fighters from the old days of arcades. I still play, but not like I did years ago. So looking forward to retirement. (Random memory flash)And that first time walking into the front doors of a K-Mart and there stood a World Heroes cabinet, first encounter with Neo Geo. While playing wishing I had it at home.

Always wanted a CDz. It never happened. Never will. I am very reluctant to put out money for a retro CD based gaming system any more since my Sega CD died.
there is no spoon

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more