Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Smash Bros. Ultimate Special Edition Bundle with Controller - Gamespot.com

Started by BLUEVOODU, August 31, 2018, 02:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Smash Bros. Ultimate Special Edition Bundle, Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Announced - Gamespot.com

Yes... I am pre-ordering one of these... it looks to be from Best Buy or Gamestop only.  It comes with the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Pro Controller and Game with Steel book Clamshell case.

Here it is at BestBuy.com:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Special Edition - Nintendo Switch - BestBuy.com

• Freebie Included:  Nintendo - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Collector Coin - Antique Silver Collectible 1.5" round Super Smash Bros. Ultimate double-sided coin for real fans.

$139.99... it's about standard price.   Comes out December 7th, 2018

Thoughts?  Comments?  Post it up!

targetrasp

Kinikko

:o  That's a beautiful case!  I don't think it's worth that kind of money though lol.  Wish it wasn't bundled with that other stuff.
moo.

Bomber Man

I love that controller. I would definitely use it. I also love the design.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

@Kinikko I hear you... IT is a bit expensive...  mainly due to the Pro controller included.  I like the steelbook case... it's a well done design.  I'm getting to the end of my random gaming purchases lol.

@targetrasp yes... saved for later for me too.  Still not active.

@Bomber Man I agree with you 100%.   Very cool  - Maybe this coming Christmas lol.

targetrasp

gamestop has it online - I guess i'll have to go through them, although last time I ordered one of the classics through them they charged insane for shipping

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on September 13, 2018, 09:57:40 PM
gamestop has it online - I guess i'll have to go through them, although last time I ordered one of the classics through them they charged insane for shipping
@targetrasp  I'm hesitating buying from Gamestop.   Look like Amazon has it now as well BUT it's not activated either.  I'm curious as to why Amazon.com and BestBuy.com don't have it activated... yet Gamestop does.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Special Edition - Nintendo Switch - Amazon.com

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

i got the game and controller from gs already, didn't want to risk scalpers blowing up amazon in the first microsecond it was offered

BLUEVOODU

No joke!  I was worried about that too... I'm buying from amazon...i was waiting for best buy.   Same problem with Neo Geo Mini -  glad they offered more.

targetrasp

Speaking of Neo Geo Mini... Metal Jesus just got one from SNK and did a youtube review that made me almost lament my purchase...

theres no microswithces in the controller (i bought two)
theres no microswithces in the joystick
the output doesn't look great. Metal Slug on the switch looked great, MS on the mini looked like butt.

BLUEVOODU

Interesting.  You should post up the video in a new topic.  That would be good to see.

You know ... we need to get to a status of being able to demo some of this stuff.  It would be cool if we could designate someone to get the device and do a thorough review.  Just saying it would be cool - take turns demoing stuff and putting the reviews out there.

targetrasp

that'd take gaining some serious social influence... it would be awesome though

BLUEVOODU

yeah... Working on it @targetrasp LOL.  working on it buddy.

I am pretty pumped for the Smash Bros. Ultimate.  If we get a few members to purchase it... we should arrange times to play.

targetrasp

there's been so much of the "lets play" conversation but little comes of it. It's almost like a bunch of 30 somethings trying to arrange time outside of work and family...

BLUEVOODU

LOL  ;D  Yes... and all with the best intentions.  You know how many of my friends don't understand that LOL.  Even the ones close to 30.

But seriously... I mean it this time.   

And... Diablo 3 new season is coming.  I'm definitely planning on that.  You know... you all can organize games together as well  ;D But I'm definitely looking to get people together as much as I can for the new D3 season

BLUEVOODU

ugh... @targetrasp I missed it... It's been gone for 3 weeks.  I had it on Amazon... balked at the buy right then and there... and I cannot get it now at BestBuy.com , gamestop.com , amazon.com ... or anywhere....

Everywhere else JACKED up the price.   I'm not too happy about that.

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on November 14, 2018, 09:00:14 PM
i'll sell you mine for 150!
lol... at this time, that's actually a pretty good deal.  They're being sold for $220 and up.