Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Endless Ocean 2: Blue World for Wii Console

Started by Princess Peach, August 31, 2018, 09:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Peach

Hey all, here is my sequel post on Endless Ocean as promised. Endless Ocean: Blue World came out about two years after the original, and I have to say the second one is my favorite. In fact, I tend to play it way more than the first. For Blue World, the concept of diving and exploring is exactly the same. However, there are some details that were changed that I find quite amusing.

First, there were some additions to the diving map. They allow you to travel to other seas around the world, which I like because I personally enjoy a change in scenery and adventure. The different areas to explore include the Arctic, South America, trenches, and other tropical seas. Each location has unique creatures and treasures to explore, including but not limited to a sunken palace.

Another added feature I liked was the more in-depth missions. There were other characters that came into play as you went along with the game, and it really added to the experience. It felt like I had more of a goal to accomplish as the game went on, and there was a point where I played it daily for an entire two weeks. The graphics were about the same, but the different environments in each sea kept things interesting. 

And of course I can't leave out the sharks. What's fun in this game is that the sharks actually attack you. Again, there's no gore or blood, but the sharks will charge your character while intense music plays. You have to tame them with the pulsar gun before they reduce all your oxygen, but the task can be quite the feat. This is partly because the sharks swipe you with their tails and momentarily stun you. The shark feature in this version is much more interactive, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Endless Ocean: Blue World is very fun to play, and it takes the original version to the next step. The different environments in the 9 different seas are an element that I really liked, along with the adventures I encountered beneath the water (no spoilers :) ). Blue World is my favorite of the two because of its interactive nature and further attention to detail. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you enjoyed the first. Feel free to comment with questions or thoughts!

Bomber Man

I've seen youtube vids on it, and I gotta say this game looks kinda creepy. Like some things maybe creepy.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

This game was fun ... definitely unique.   I played the 1st one more... but the 2nd one looked better.

It was nice to play a semi-open world game where you just explore.  Some people might think that's boring but it was a nice change of pace to just explore underwater places.

Bomber Man

The game is fun, but like I said it's still creepy to me.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

Princess Peach

@Bomber Man
Maybe creepy, but I feel it's more suspenseful :)

@BLUEVOODU
The concept could be boring to others, and I can especially see this with the open-ended exploration. It's a game that paces itself at your tempo.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more