Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Halo Achievement Accomplishments

Started by mastermario, February 12, 2018, 02:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastermario

I feel like a couple of my biggest video game accomplishments were some friggin tough "Vidmaster Challenge" achievements in various Halo games. Most of them were completed with some help of EGA members haha. Each one of these took several hours of intense focus and lots of retries. Here are a few of the hardest:

Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (Halo 3)
After 9/25/08, completed Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.
Only 2.66% of gamers unlocked this
Unlocked 12/28/2008

Vidmaster Challenge: Déjà Vu (Halo 3: ODST)
Completed Highway on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and no 'Hog or Scorpion.
Only 4.92% of gamers unlocked this
Unlocked 12/28/2009

Vidmaster Challenge: Endure (Halo 3: ODST)
In Firefight, on any mission, passed the 4th Set on 4-player Heroic LIVE co-op.
Only 3.84% of gamers unlocked this
Unlocked 5/11/2010

Any mission with Iron skull is already tough because any time someone in the party dies, the game sends everyone back to the last checkpoint.  It takes a lot of teamwork to make sure that everyone survives it.

The Endure one, I think, was probably the hardest of the three. 4 sets is a lot of sets because I believe there were 6 rounds in each set and they all got progressively harder. There'd be snipers, vehicles, invisible Elites, etc. You're given a limited number of lives. I still think it's pure luck that we got this one.

I believe Mega and Strubes helped out with at least one or two of these and I think SpartanEvolved was with me on all three. What also sucked is that the achievements were not actually worth any achievement points, so there isn't a lot to show for the hours and hours we spent unlocking these haha.

BLUEVOODU

We should add in there somewhere... I think we beat ODST on  the Thanksgiving LAN night. lol

SpartanEvolved

mastermario

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on February 13, 2018, 11:00:36 PM
We should add in there somewhere... I think we beat ODST on  the Thanksgiving LAN night. lol

I believe you are correct. That was a good run. Solid game, too.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: mastermario on February 20, 2018, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: BLUEVOODU on February 13, 2018, 11:00:36 PM

I believe you are correct. That was a good run. Solid game, too.
That was a great run... pretty fun

Grindspine

Jack

Those vidmaster achievements were a pain in the ass back in the day, man. I remember grinding for that.

mastermario

Yes, but they do bring back good memories. :)

Bomber Man

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...